• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mourinho must be back on Madrid's radar , today there's an article in the Mail quoting Hazard as saying he'd like to work with Mourinho again . Until he signs an extension the UK media will be working 24/7 to get him away from us.

Hazard will decide his future I doubt the media will have any influence. 

With hazard I think his decision will be based on which team is the most likely to win the CL in the next couple of years. He has pretty much won everything. 

Who knows. Maybe a team like Juventus will come calling?

6 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

EPL's Game of Thrones possibility, JM to RM, Conte to Utd and Hazard to join JM at  RM. 

Should Hazard leave we would have a big hole to fill in terms of quality.

I am sure the transfer committee have looked at this scenario. As proven this summer when big nose  decided he wanted out. They let him go and brought in someone who is probably as good and will more than likely improve.

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

I am sure the transfer committee have looked at this scenario. As proven this summer when big nose  decided he wanted out. They let him go and brought in someone who is probably as good and will more than likely improve.

True they did act quickly with a keeper even if we paid a lot.

Ham   

So Mendy just threw a full on punch at Lamela.  Just missed but laughed off by Martin Tyler.  

Can you imagine if............

Leo91   
27 minutes ago, Ham said:

So Mendy just threw a full on punch at Lamela.  Just missed but laughed off by Martin Tyler.  

Can you imagine if............

What I will say is for the first time in a long time there's some consistency in showing yellow cards for diving.

1 hour ago, Leo91 said:

What I will say is for the first time in a long time there's some consistency in showing yellow cards for diving.

you mean we will consistently be booked for it?

paulw66   

Did anyone catch MOTD2 on Sunday?

There were 2 clear incidents of "cheating" highlighted on the program.

The first was in the Palace v Arsenal game, where Lacazette decided to punch the ball goalwards, from which Aubamayang scored.

The second was the Willian dive at Burnley, who was correctly carded. 

Which one do you think prompted calls for retrospective bans? Which one got a good couple of minutes focus and analysis at how outrageous it was? and which one was skated over? 

Ham   

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-leaks-claims-5-premier-13525179

The most interesting thing about this article is what is said about Man City and the reason they've gotten away with their obviously fake sponsorships for so long. 

Apart from having a lot of cash, why would they and PSG qualify for a European super League? 

Certainly not European trophy pedigree.

43 minutes ago, Ham said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/football-leaks-claims-5-premier-13525179

The most interesting thing about this article is what is said about Man City and the reason they've gotten away with their obviously fake sponsorships for so long. 

Apart from having a lot of cash, why would they and PSG qualify for a European super League? 

Football Leaks also allege that former UEFA General Secretary Gianni Infantino ensured Manchester City and Paris Saint-Germain received only mild penalties for their violations of Financial Fair Play (FFP) rules.

I'm not quite sure that means anything though.  They got mild penalties.  He was involved.  What is new or relevant here.

Generally this is happening - probably quite soon.  Worse - anyone not in it is probably close to bankruptcy.

On the whole I think the TV viewer deserves it.

9 hours ago, Ham said:

I was intrigued to read that the 11 founding clubs wouldn't be relegated for the first 20 years of the competition. "Relegated" to where? It would require whoever is behind this super league to negotiate with the Premier League, Ligue Un, Serie A, etc., etc., and all the various clubs involved in those leagues to go along with this breakaway and accept a system of promotion and relegation far too complicated for anyone to agree to. Let's say for example that the winners of an emaciated Champions League and Europa League get promoted and the bottom two of the new Super League get relegated. Now if one relegated and one promoted club happen to come from the same country, then great. But otherwise it'll be a mess. An English Championship team might reach a promotion spot only to find they can't be promoted to the Premier League after all because an English European Super League team got relegated down to the Prem. I can't see the Championship team being happy about that!