• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Don't worry, he'll flop one day.  

It's all relative. Having access to a great squad and all the money in the world and playing god awful negative football at the same time could be considered by many to be flopping, big time. 

2 minutes ago, Ham said:

It's all relative. Having access to a great squad and all the money in the world and playing god awful negative football at the same time could be considered by many to be flopping, big time. 

He really hasn't had all the money in the world, not compared to City.  Nor does he have a great squad.  A fine GK and 5 decent front players I'd agree.  And he has wasted a lot of money on some giant CMs who are no improvement over Fellaini.  But none of City's £50m defenders. 
His real issue, as it was in his last year here, is trying to get a squad to achieve much much more than it is able.  With Jones/Smalling/Lindlehof as CBs.  Not just the worst CBs in the big 6, but certainly the worst in the top half of the Prem if not most of it.  Plus one giant midfielder who can't defend and one who won't.  No wonder he plays the first half defensively, and the talented front players emerge after they go behind.

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

could be considered by many

It's been long established just how unattached to reality the considerations of many on JM are.  

9 hours ago, JaneB said:

Thank you!!

Show off!!  It's pouring with rain and blowing a gale where I am 🙁

Certainly not showing off, but my sympathies with your weather for sure.

Mind you, temperatures in the mid-eighties and rampant humidity can be trying too. We won't have it all the time. We're on a 3-week tour of Colombia and will move on to more temperate regions soon, although that,s always up to us. All of our travel is independent. We never do organised tours.

• Like 1

I sense that as far as the media/press are concerned JM is getting an easier time than he was a month or so ago, results helping this. Perhaps the hacks finally realise their jobs are easier with him in the PL than him not being about.

His team have the characteristics of one cobbled together and unusually for a JM team, no natural leader and lieutenant. They play when they want to play, that's another major problem he has got. Use Martial as an example, he's decided he wants to be a footballer again now that his contract is up and he either wants a Sanchez sized renewal or a move with those sort of terms. Pogba plays when he wants, he'll look a world beater tomorrow and then be so, so for a few weeks again.

I'd speculate that the Sanchez transfer, instead of solving issues there, caused lots of problems inside the squad. It would be no surprise to me to see Sanchez go to PSG as early as the January window. 

The Daily Mail have a headline today about an American soccer team that get bigger crowds than Chelsea . 

The inference is we get small crowds because we are a small team but the truth is the capacity of their ground is larger .

Just another reinforcement of a negative where we are concerned.

It truly is relentless.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Daily Mail have a headline today about an American soccer team that get bigger crowds than Chelsea . 

The inference is we get small crowds because we are a small team but the truth is the capacity of their ground is larger .

Just another reinforcement of a negative where we are concerned.

It truly is relentless.

Daily Fail headlines?  Not worthy of consideration.  Ignore the muppets.

kev61   
On 10/11/2018 at 0:37 AM, Droy was my hero said:

Don't worry, he'll flop one day.  

You really have an admiration of him that defies logic.Let's talk about two players that is saving his ass.Martial who he did not rate and Mata that he got rid of that was twice player of the year for us and humiliated  him by subbing him twice in the one game for utd!!.

Ham   
Just now, kev61 said:

You really have an admiration of him that defies logic.Let's talk about two players that is saving his ass.Martial who he did not rate and Mata that he got rid of that was twice player of the year for us and humiliated  him by subbing him twice in the one game for utd!!.

United win inspite of him, not because of him. 

kev61   
10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Yes indeed Ham that's my take on things.He is so predictable in his narcissism that leaves me wondering why anyone would believe a word that comes out of his mouth.

4 hours ago, kev61 said:

Or Shaw who he was constantly blamed for ruining who has turned into their best defender.  I don't know why you think telling players they have to do a lot better defies logic.  

4 hours ago, Ham said:

A telling freudian slip there