• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Having bought the The Sun and NOTW for thirty years I haven't bought either for three weeks and feel better for it (even though the Express is an ever so slightly angry paper in its political views).

Did you read the Peroncel story in the Sunday Express today?

How is a poor fan able to read everything he reads?

Shelly   

Looks like I chose a good week to commence my self imposed media blackout, no listening to sport on the radio, watching SSN, reading about it on the internet (this site being the notable exception) or buying A paper...

For the sake of your sanity I urge you all to follow my lead...Its good to go back to the old skool way, of watching the game, and making your own mind up, not reading what some journo with an agenda has to say...Of course if watching the game on the telly it involves turning the sound down, but thats no hardship..

Edited by Shelly

Looks like I chose a good week to commence my self imposed media blackout, no listening to sport on the radio, watching SSN, reading about it on the internet (this site being the notable exception) or buying A paper...

For the sake of your sanity I urge you all to follow my lead...Its good to go back to the old skool way, of watching the game, and making your own mind up, not reading what some journo with an agenda has to say...Of course if watching the game on the telly it involves turning the sound down, but thats no hardship..

Spot on. Everyone complains about newspapers,TV and radio staions yet religiously keep reading,watching and listening to them. Every time we lose I no longer read papers (especially moronic columns written by biased pathetic little creatures masquerading as football experts), listen to moronic phone-ins dominated by Scousers, Goons and Spuds fans and watching a bunch of fat egotistical journalists talking bull***t around a table about things they don't know nor understand. Sod 'em all, I hope they are sick if we win the league, I will really give it large then!

Absolute classic from TalkSport drivetime yesterday.

Adrian "********" Durham actually said " If England don't win the world cup it will be John Terry's fault"!

I wondered who'd be the first.My money was on Stan "world beater" Collymore.

Edit> Sorry that should be Wife not world.

simon   

You all moan about TalkSport yet you all give it your time to listen and them the listening figures. Shame on you all.

You all moan about TalkSport yet you all give it your time to listen and them the listening figures. Shame on you all.

Watch your football on Sky?

Shame on you too - I believe they're part of the same group.

I actually don't mind Talksport apart from Stan Collymore and Ronnie Irani that is (a mentallist and an imbecile)

I'm even warming to the aforementioned Durham , as he is so off on one its hilarious as the rants up a blind alley leading to his own anus and lets be honest whats the alternative?

Five live?

Radio "god help us" one?

I only listen to the radio in the car to-and from work so it's not much of a choice is it?

simon   

I actually don't mind Talksport apart from Stan Collymore and Ronnie Irani that is (a mentallist and an imbecile)

I'm even warming to the aforementioned Durham , as he is so off on one its hilarious as the rants up a blind alley leading to his own anus and lets be honest whats the alternative?

Five live?

Radio "god help us" one?

I only listen to the radio in the car to-and from work so it's not much of a choice is it?

The choice is put some Music on, dont let these fools get to you,

Sky, BBC and ITV football dont have agenda's against clubs/players like talk show radio pundits do. They dont need too. You might get a bit a biast but thats it.

Five live?

Radio "god help us" one?

5 Live>Talksport everytime. Talksport is aimed at brain dead, Sun reading, white van drving, xenophobic, jingoistic twonks who think the world was created fo their own benefit. Talksport is to broadcasting what Ronnie Corbett is to Sumo Wrestling! 5 Live isn't perfect, but Talksport makes it sound positively good. And if I must listen to something in the car or at work, CDs and other music stations are all a much better alternative. What's so entertaining about listening to a bunch of morons talking bullshit foor hours on end?

Codger   

Adrian "********" Durham actually said " If England don't win the world cup it will be John Terry's fault"!

I wondered who'd be the first.My money was on Stan "world beater" Collymore.

Sorry, they're not even that original. The Mirror started that one the weekend before last.

Sky, BBC and ITV football dont have agenda's against clubs/players like talk show radio pundits do. They dont need too. You might get a bit a biast but thats it.

Well Alan Green and Tyldesley do.

But Sky is a massive organisation, and just because someone doesn't like the Sun or Talksport is no reason to avoid the Times (Rod Liddle excepted) or SKY TV. I no longer like Radio 1 (mostly age, not just the BNP/Ashley Cole scandal) but that doesn't put me off Radios 4, 6, 7 and World service.