• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

No, it's one of the root causes for the polarization of the western society we see today. There is nothing about one rule for some that is common sense. We don't need special legislation for anyone, we are all humans. Leislation for humans should be enough. 

But in a world of culture marxism, moral relativism and post-modernism things that are bloody obvious nees to be revisited all over again. It'll be our downfall. In many ways I can't wait for it to happen. 

My last contruition to this thread. 

Sorry, but what do you mean by "culture marxism"?

2 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

No, it's one of the root causes for the polarization of the western society we see today. There is nothing about one rule for some that is common sense. We don't need special legislation for anyone, we are all humans. Leislation for humans should be enough. 

But in a world of culture marxism, moral relativism and post-modernism things that are bloody obvious nees to be revisited all over again. It'll be our downfall. In many ways I can't wait for it to happen. 

My last contruition to this thread. 

Would strongly disagree with every single word of what you said, but with you on saying as much and bailing out of it as a discussion on a Chelsea FC media thread. Just a few too many steps removed from the original discussion point. 

48 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Sorry, but what do you mean by "culture marxism"?

As The_Ghost has bowed out, I'll respond. It's essentially the idea (or conspiracy theory if you're uncharitable, which in fairness I very much am when it comes to cultural Marxism) that there is a movement or plot to destabilise Western capitalism through (broadly) leftist politics. It has recently found a home in, among other places, the American alt-right, Jordan Peterson's books and Anders Brevik's 'manifesto'... 

2 hours ago, synavm said:

How are about going after all the clubs using that reference, particularly given Spurs for all their flaws started using that name as a badge of honour as so many clubs were chanting the y word at them - we can focus on our own club.

Which is what most non-club attached groups have said, and Chelsea has been praised outside the media for leading on the issue.
It is the media that is conflating the best Policeman with the most crimes.

• Like 2

synavm   
13 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

As The_Ghost has bowed out, I'll respond. It's essentially the idea (or conspiracy theory if you're uncharitable, which in fairness I very much am when it comes to cultural Marxism) that there is a movement or plot to destabilise Western capitalism through (broadly) leftist politics. It has recently found a home in, among other places, the American alt-right, Jordan Peterson's books and Anders Brevik's 'manifesto'... 

I think it's just a term that bigots use in place of 'being respectful to people'.

Also without wanting to fall into a political warren, 99% of folk that use the term 'marxism', don't know what Marxism is.

synavm   
16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Which is what most non-club attached groups have said, and Chelsea has been praised outside the media for leading on the issue.
It is the media that is conflating the best Policeman with the most crimes.

Great, we've done a good job. We still have a problem, though so let's crack on. Comparing ourselves to other clubs or having exaggerated or biased media coverage is an irrelevance - we have a problem (as evidenced in the chunks of the post you removed) we have to deal with, let's stop making excuses and continue dealing with it.

Edited by synavm

Ham   
5 minutes ago, synavm said:

Great, we've done a good job. We still have a problem, though so let's crack on. Comparing ourselves to other clubs or having exaggerated media coverage is an irrelevance - we have a problem we have to deal with, let's stop making excuses and continue dealing with it.

You keep saying "let's eradicate anti semitism ourselves" but explain how you propose to successfully do that. 

I honestly don't think the word will disappear from use until Spurs are decisively ordered to stop using the word first. Partial ground closures thereafter for ANYBODY from ANY CLUB caught singing it. 

That, I can see working. 

9 minutes ago, Ham said:

You keep saying "let's eradicate anti semitism ourselves" but explain how you propose to successfully do that.

Reads very clearly to me; we simply don't tolerate it at all where we have jurisdiction. That is at Stamford Bridge, within our match-going fans and arguably also in our social media. 

It's not as if Chelsea supporters are passive recepients and absorbers of other people's bullsh*t. We can choose to not sing the songs we're talking about here even if other club's fans don't. I take your point that it's easier to ride a wave than to be it, but at the same time don't think you're giving us as a club and fans enough credit. We can lead, and not just follow. 

Edited by thevelourfog

Ham   
1 minute ago, thevelourfog said:

Reads very clearly to me; we simply don't tolerate it at all where we have jurisdiction. That is at Stamford Bridge, within our match-going fans and arguably also in our social media. 

It's not as if Chelsea supporters are passive recepients and absorbers of other people's bullsh*t. We can choose to not sing the songs we're talking about here even in other club's fans don't. I take your point that it's easier to ride a wave than to be it, but at the same time don't think you're giving us as a club and fans enough credit. We can lead, and not just follow. 

I think you're perhaps giving a not so small percentage of our fanbase too much credit if you think they'll stop using the word/songs whilst Spurs fans are still identifying as a religion they're not. 

Man City V Everton and guess what the main topic of conversation is ?