• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Holymoly   
6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

This doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  First there are 8 PL managers older than JM, so he is not even old.
Secondly, two 6 month periods apart, JM has had fantastic success with huge egos.

FFS Droy do you ever read the posts you replay to? Age is not a neccessity to be of "the old school", it is a state of mind. This is the reason Jose and SAF seemed to get on so well. They expected unquestioning obedience from their players and if they didn't get it the player would be out. Jose has refused to adapt and play the game, to pander to the massive egos. Now it is cheaper to sack the coach than it is to overhaul the squad at a club.

The current squad at Manure should hopefully ensure mid table mediocrity for a while to come yet.

34 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Told you Droy

If I'd had a pound for every time someone has told me that Mourinho would be sacked by Christmas I'd have been a very very rich man a long long time ago.

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

FFS Droy do you ever read the posts you replay to? Age is not a neccessity to be of "the old school", it is a state of mind. This is the reason Jose and SAF seemed to get on so well. They expected unquestioning obedience from their players and if they didn't get it the player would be out. Jose has refused to adapt and play the game, to pander to the massive egos. Now it is cheaper to sack the coach than it is to overhaul the squad at a club.

Well you could name me a few expensive egos that get pandered to at successful clubs then.  Who are they at City now?  Who are the Expensive egos at Barca.  (Well Dembele obviously and Neymar I suppose).  
Did Ronaldo fail to perform under JM at RM?  Drogba at Chelsea?  Ibra at Man U?

It is all very well to have theories that can be tested, but you then have to test them, and your theory fails.

kev61   

Breaking news - Jose has penned a few words for Utd,Madrid and Chelsea fans, it reads - 'Don't cry for me,the portuguesa the truth is I never liked you, all through my wild days my mad existence I broke my promise now keep your distance'.(sounds like sour grapes to me)

6 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Breaking news - Jose has penned a few words for Utd,Madrid and Chelsea fans, it reads - 'Don't cry for me,the portuguesa the truth is I never liked you, all through my wild days my mad existence I broke my promise now keep your distance'.(sounds like sour grapes to me)

Sounds like fermented grapes to me.

• Haha 1

Ham   
37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If I'd had a pound for every time someone has told me that Mourinho would be sacked by Christmas I'd have been a very very rich man a long long time ago.

Pot, kettle, Matic. 

• Like 1

JaneB   

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Mike Phelan to be in charge until the end of the season?

I'm not sure if I find that funny or not.

6 minutes ago, Ham said:

Pot, kettle, Matic. 

I was only 2 and a half years early on that.  Some people here have 12 years early. 

4 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Mike Phelan to be in charge until the end of the season?

I'm not sure if I find that funny or not.

SAF's henchman and Reserve team coach - so that  would be a return to old school management.  Frankly the culture clash with the players is going to be greater, not less.
Probably a good thing for Man U.