• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

A long piece that some might be interested in.  The inside story of that Panorama program about the coming Euros 2012 in Poland and Ukraine.  Plenty of relevant points about media creating fictional racism and about antisemitism in a place with no apparent semites.  And a lot about the agenda of the media.
Fans of irony will note there are no current stories on the BBC about Ukrainian right wing extremists.

I lived many years in Poland, though not 2012.  It all rings very true.

In May of 2012, the BBC Panorama program broadcast a documentary about “racism” in the host countries of the 2012 European soccer championship: Poland and Ukraine. Those two countries were about to stage the second biggest event in the sport after the World Cup, and legions of journalists had arrived to cover it. The purpose of the BBC program—aired strategically one week before the opening match—was to argue that neither country was qualified to host the tournament because of their “hateful” soccer cultures. The message: All-white countries are hotbeds of violent racism, and non-white fans and players would be in danger.  .....

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-08/how-bbc-manufactured-hate-insiders-story?fbclid=IwAR2Uj7t8pNK2Y0VSqosAUTVqfKyaTBx-KLBEQMBeBb2CyONnaV-aBKzerQM

46 minutes ago, East Lower said:

Jenas's latest view on who else should leave us, he really does have an issue with us and if it harps back to his playing days when he got lots of stick - should be a lot more professional and objective. 

Others could very well have the same argument re: Erikkson etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46811467

Well, I think Harry Kane, Alli, and Eriksen have outrown that pork pie and pop outfit in N17.  Who the hell is Jenas anyway?  He's done **** all in football, just like several other pundits I could mention, now he's telling our players who they should sign for. 

Prat.

• Haha 1

Saw this on Twitter, via @NicoSulky. Not sure if this anecdote is new or has already been discussed previously:

"Listening to @TransferPodcast and there’s an interesting piece by @DuncanCastles on Chelsea / Marina Granovskaia. Will post it in this tweet later today.

@DuncanCastles: “She [Marina Granovskaia] was directly involved in Fernando Torres move from Liverpool. She played an important role in David Luiz transfer.”

DC: “In 2011, I wrote a story saying that she was going to replace Ron Gourlay as Chief Executive. My sources had told me she had been working effectively as Chief Executive for quite a period when I wrote that story.

DC: “On the basis, when people wanted to talk about transfers, they went to Granovskaia rather than Ron Gourlay (Chief Executive at the time). When I put that story out, Chelsea came down on me like a ton of bricks.

DC: “Basically, if your paper runs that, we will sue them. I think because she was Roman Abramovich’s person assistant at the time and the idea that she was gonna be promoted to Chief Executive.

DC: “The idea that someone moving from Personal Assistant to Chief Executive wasn’t a good PR look and so the story didn’t get run by my English paper at the time.”

Not long after that, Duncan Castles explains, Ron Gourlay left Chelsea and Marina Granovskaia basically took over without the title of a CEO.”

Posted without comment and in full awareness of what most people probably think of Duncan Castles. I just thought some people might find it of note.

50 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

A long piece that some might be interested in.  The inside story of that Panorama program about the coming Euros 2012 in Poland and Ukraine.  Plenty of relevant points about media creating fictional racism and about antisemitism in a place with no apparent semites.  And a lot about the agenda of the media.
Fans of irony will note there are no current stories on the BBC about Ukrainian right wing extremists.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-08/how-bbc-manufactured-hate-insiders-story?fbclid=IwAR2Uj7t8pNK2Y0VSqosAUTVqfKyaTBx-KLBEQMBeBb2CyONnaV-aBKzerQM

Very interesting, thank you .

The Daily Heil ran a story yesterday of 20 Chelsea supporters sexually assaulting women and singing racist and anti Semitic songs on a train to Worcester after the Leicester game .

No evidence was shown , no CCTV , no photos and no query as to why 20 Chelsea supporters were going to Worcester in the West Midlands . 

The fans were described as "thought to be Chelsea supporters" .

It wasn't reported that Leicester is nearer to Worcester than London or that both teams play in blue.

Still , the good thing is it's in the public consciousness now .

31 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Posted without comment and in full awareness of what most people probably think of Duncan Castles. I just thought some people might find it of note.

It is a typical Castles story - one wonders why he didn't run it when she formally got the job.  Speaks Portuguese and so claims an "in" on every story, but clearly most of them are made up.

21 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

The Daily Heil ran a story yesterday of 20 Chelsea supporters sexually assaulting women and singing racist and anti Semitic songs on a train to Worcester after the Leicester game .

There are hundreds of stories like that and Chelsea are more targeted than most. I guess it's a special kind of paparazzi 

1 hour ago, East Lower said:

Jenas's latest view on who else should leave us, he really does have an issue with us and if it harps back to his playing days when he got lots of stick - should be a lot more professional and objective. 

Others could very well have the same argument re: Erikkson etc

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46811467

Yeah, he's never really got over looking so much of a prat he became a meme after the FA Cup semi-final a few years ago. 

There's definitely an argument that Hazard has done all he realistically can here and new achievements depend on a move. Like you say, there's an equally as strong argument for the entire Spurs squad ffs, and that's without any of them having ever won anything at their current club. 

Don't mind that he's got a Spurs supporter mindset, just don't understand why his fan nonsense makes for BBC articles. 

1 hour ago, Mark Kelly said:

Very interesting, thank you .

No evidence was shown , no CCTV , no photos and no query as to why 20 Chelsea supporters were going to Worcester in the West Midlands . 

The fans were described as "thought to be Chelsea supporters" .

It wasn't reported that Leicester is nearer to Worcester than London or that both teams play in blue.

Still , the good thing is it's in the public consciousness now .

that is the purpose of what they do. Smear Chelsea irrespective of factual content and leave it in the public conciousness. Made a comment on the Chelsea match thread in the guardian the other day calling them out for it and guess what mysteriously deleted

3 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

that is the purpose of what they do. Smear Chelsea irrespective of factual content and leave it in the public conciousness. Made a comment on the Chelsea match thread in the guardian the other day calling them out for it and guess what mysteriously deleted

So the Guardian is in on it too?

19 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

The Guardian is quite editorial with their comments pages.  Comment is Censored first should be their subtitle.
There is a whole web-site called Off-Guardian run by ex-Guardian readers running the kind of story they think should be in the Guardian but isn't.  And a whole section of comments that have been censored on "comment is free" for no apparent reason.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

More like a bat-**** crazy conspiracy web site (you seem to be drawn to them!)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/zero-hedge/