• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

More like a bat-**** crazy conspiracy web site (you seem to be drawn to them!)

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/zero-hedge/

haha - of course you know that fact checking sites are just the latest of a long series of Government funded media manipulation methods.  Of the Integrity Initiative  or New Knowledge kind.
Funny how as more and more emerges about how these things work, people seem to understand less and less.
 

ZeroHedge  can be an odd site.  On Finance though it is very smart and way ahead of standard media, albeit occasionally kooky - as a non-mainstream site should be, especially if you call yourself "ZeroHedge".

They haven't written this piece, just hosted it - did you read it.  I'm pretty sure you will recognise it as a wholly accurate story of how "documentaries" and news stories get made, even for the BBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

haha - of course you know that fact checking sites are just the latest of a long series of Government funded media manipulation methods.  Of the Integrity Initiative  or New Knowledge kind.
Funny how as more and more emerges about how these things work, people seem to understand less and less.
 

ZeroHedge  can be an odd site.  On Finance though it is very smart and way ahead of standard media, albeit occasionally kooky - as a non-mainstream site should be, especially if you call yourself "ZeroHedge".

They haven't written this piece, just hosted it - did you read it.  I'm pretty sure you will recognise it as a wholly accurate story of how "documentaries" and news stories get made, even for the BBC.

I agree regarding Integrity Initiative... although it was fairly obvious that was a shady site itself at first glance. However, Zero Hedge comes up as a dodgy, alt-right leaning site on many other databases. Looking at some of the (non-finance) articles on ZH I'd say it was bat-**** crazy. Looking at some of the sites you've quoted over the years, you seem drawn to them.

It's one thing to not always trust the mainstream media... it's entirely another thing to hook your carriage to loony conspiracy theory sites.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bob Singleton said:

I agree regarding Integrity Initiative... although it was fairly obvious that was a shady site itself at first glance.

What - Integrity Initiative was "a shady site".
I know that none of the story has been in the mainstream news, least of all the Guardian.  But surely if you are interested in media you must know a bit more about Integrity and the Institute for Statecraft.  The attacks by a publicly funded charity on Corbyn?  The employee that just happened to work for Sanders for an election and then turned rabidly right wing?  Our money?  ( I could go on)

Worth a Panorama program or three on its own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

So the Guardian is in on it too?

Recently they do seem to have been. When the last Europa game was played they opened a comments section for the match but then replaced the headline and content with more anti semetic chants heard and closed the comments section immediately. They also went to town with the sterling abuse thing though quickly using the word alleged racism and then inckuding it with other incidents where racism was clearly proven or more obvious. That of course makes people associate the sterling incident with racism whether it was or wasnt. That story itself faded out once the supporters version of events was backed up by lip readers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

So the Guardian is in on it too?

The Guardian were behind the Paris story. If you watch the video in full the French guy is filmed walking along the length of the platform past half-empty carriages before attempting to board one that was rammed with Chelsea fans.

Why was he being filmed at the start of his walk to a metro train? Why didn't he try to board a nearer carriage?

I am not for a minute attempting to defend our fans who barred him from entry or sang songs glorifying racism, but it was fairly obvious that the whole situation was engineered. Within minutes, the Guardian received the footage from a 'former employee' and created a massive story out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

One step from a retraction...... 

From a story in the Mail about safe standing today.

Screenshot_20190110-233342_Daily Mail Online.jpg

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jangz   

Jermaine Jenas - feels hazard has outgrown chelsea. A player who even at his best will not get into any current top six, has a view on size of CFC. A jersey worn by the likes of SFl, Terry, Drogba, Ballack, Sheva, Torres, Falcao, Kante... the biggest and the best in the business. How do you outgrow a club I have no idea. at the same time Kane, Erickson, never seem to do so ..despite playing in a club which has won nothing for as long as one can remember and these are supposed to be the best players in Europe.

I really dont understand how you can get paid for this kind of stuff, real players rarely make such comments. Shearer never talks about this stuff stick to game tactical analysis. no wonder jenas never out grew his backyard. it is extremely irritating to read such bias and c**ts such Martin Samuels in DM and Standard then right ton cue give the story legs.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
4 hours ago, jangz said:

Jermaine Jenas - feels hazard has outgrown chelsea. A player who even at his best will not get into any current top six, has a view on size of CFC. A jersey worn by the likes of SFl, Terry, Drogba, Ballack, Sheva, Torres, Falcao, Kante... the biggest and the best in the business. How do you outgrow a club I have no idea. at the same time Kane, Erickson, never seem to do so ..despite playing in a club which has won nothing for as long as one can remember and these are supposed to be the best players in Europe.

I really dont understand how you can get paid for this kind of stuff, real players rarely make such comments. Shearer never talks about this stuff stick to game tactical analysis. no wonder jenas never out grew his backyard. it is extremely irritating to read such bias and c**ts such Martin Samuels in DM and Standard then right ton cue give the story legs.. 

It's childish and unprofessional when an ex player writes or comments based on tribalism. 

It was the same street the game the other night with Robbie Keane.  He couldn't see beyond his love for Spurs and was rude and dismissive of Joe Cole's opinion. 

Martin Samuels is the worst though. He seems to exist purely to try to destabilise us. 🤬

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JaneB   
2 hours ago, Ham said:

It's childish and unprofessional when an ex player writes or comments based on tribalism. 

It was the same street the game the other night with Robbie Keane.  He couldn't see beyond his love for Spurs and was rude and dismissive of Joe Cole's opinion. 

Martin Samuels is the worst though. He seems to exist purely to try to destabilise us. 🤬

 

Tbf I've read some pieces by him where he most certainly doesn't follow the anti Chelsea line, or the party line in other areas, but then he's only a West Ham fan so shouldn't have an axe to grind 😏

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Tbf I've read some pieces by him where he most certainly doesn't follow the anti Chelsea line, or the party line in other areas, but then he's only a West Ham fan so shouldn't have an axe to grind 😏

He's written a couple of seriously OTT hatchet jobs in the past few weeks. Didn't realise he was Wet Spam though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now