• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Ham said:

He's written a couple of seriously OTT hatchet jobs in the past few weeks. Didn't realise he was Wet Spam though. 

I find him quite fair about us to be honest.  His agenda with Hudson Odoi is the club always tells young players to be patient and never follows through with this so why trust the club now.  Difficult to argue against.

It is galling for us because he is certainly the best prospect we have had come through in years and the media are all willing him to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JaneB said:

Tbf I've read some pieces by him where he most certainly doesn't follow the anti Chelsea line, or the party line in other areas, but then he's only a West Ham fan so shouldn't have an axe to grind 😏

He has been the only reasonable man in the press at some times over the past decade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

He has been the only reasonable man in the press at some times over the past decade.

I agree.  Samuel IMO is a good columnist, unlike idiots like Andy Dunn, Brian Reade, Barry Glendenning and others I could mention.  As for Jermain Jenas, as I've said before, he's a nobody, just like the teams he used to play for (Forest apart, but their successful era was when Brian Clough managed them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep , Samuel has also stood up for us in the Y army case too , blaming Spurs for allowing their supporters the majority of who aren't Jewish use the word .

I find him very even handed with regards to us . And he's probably the only one .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11607380/tottenham-investigate-son-heung-min-racism-allegations

Racism again at Rottenham, 2nd time in a month or so. First banana's thrown at a black player, now someone being racist towards a player from Korea. 

Dare say that there won't be banner headlines on front and back pages and whole TV programmes devoted to it.

Still no charges levied against those who abused Stirling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, East Lower said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/11607380/tottenham-investigate-son-heung-min-racism-allegations

Racism again at Rottenham, 2nd time in a month or so. First banana's thrown at a black player, now someone being racist towards a player from Korea. 

Dare say that there won't be banner headlines on front and back pages and whole TV programmes devoted to it.

Still no charges levied against those who abused Stirling.

Quick look at their official site; no mention. This is again a case of Chelsea FC being very, very good at policing racism (and not just in terms of responding to it, but recognising the need to do so in public) and so being mistaken, often wilfully, for having a particular problem with it. Lots of other clubs choose to not do anything, or at least to not do anything in public because it draws scrutiny. Less an issue on what the 'media' as a whole does IMO and more an issue with other clubs lacking integrity. Spurs are, for obvious reasons, particularly bad at this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
29 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Quick look at their official site; no mention. This is again a case of Chelsea FC being very, very good at policing racism (and not just in terms of responding to it, but recognising the need to do so in public) and so being mistaken, often wilfully, for having a particular problem with it. Lots of other clubs choose to not do anything, or at least to not do anything in public because it draws scrutiny. Less an issue on what the 'media' as a whole does IMO and more an issue with other clubs lacking integrity. Spurs are, for obvious reasons, particularly bad at this.

Just says a fan was racist.  Could be a Man U fan although a Spud was also shown being racist against Korean fans just last week..... 

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ham said:

Just says a fan was racist.  Could be a Man U fan although a Spud was also shown being racist against Korean fans just last week..... 

Fair enough, misread it. Think the general point stands though. 

(You're sticking up for Spurs now?!) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
21 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Fair enough, misread it. Think the general point stands though. 

(You're sticking up for Spurs now?!) 

 

😮

Seinfeld's Bizarro World. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Quick look at their official site; no mention. This is again a case of Chelsea FC being very, very good at policing racism (and not just in terms of responding to it, but recognising the need to do so in public) and so being mistaken, often wilfully, for having a particular problem with it. Lots of other clubs choose to not do anything, or at least to not do anything in public because it draws scrutiny. Less an issue on what the 'media' as a whole does IMO and more an issue with other clubs lacking integrity. Spurs are, for obvious reasons, particularly bad at this.

I think that the club have reacted to the pressures put on them by the 'vigourous' media reporting of a number of occurrences. Where they have been consistent is the singing of songs where the fans use the same word that the Spurs fans use. To them it's their badge of identity, to our fans it's a collective and used thus in a derogatory way. It's the lack of balance in the reporting that I think is wrong.

2 hours ago, Ham said:

Just says a fan was racist.  Could be a Man U fan although a Spud was also shown being racist against Korean fans just last week..... 

Reading the statement/social media quote from the fan, he was a STH. He says he confronted the fan and got abused. Looks like a fellow Spurs fan to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now