• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Sophie's Choice.

Hobson's choice I suspect you mean.

35 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

There are many on here who point out how we're treated significantly differently than anyone else by the media. Perhaps we are, but many, if not all of those who do so are guilty of the same thing themselves when talking about others.

There is a kind of person who is brought up to absolutely deny any thing under any circumstances.  I guess it is upbringing, but most people learn pretty quickly that a quick admission and apology is 9 times in 10 by far the easiest way out - frequently easier even why you have done nothing.

These people exist everywhere, but they do seem to predominate only in Liverpool.

Ham   
16 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Hobson's choice I suspect you mean.

No.  I meant Sophie's.  Either way, someone dies. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

No.  I meant Sophie's.  Either way, someone dies. 

Scouses choice ?

Ham   
56 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Sorry Ham, you're quite right of course, it was Fillery's post that I replied to, my mistake and I apologise for that.

But to reply to all of you en masse,  my point was that basically whenever our fans, (and of course we have plenty of scum for sure), are linked with anything negative then there's more or less wholehearted cries of foul all round. Whereas, in total contrast, whenever there's anything linked with Liverpool fans then there's pretty much a blanket reaction of "typical scouse" etc etc, without any pause for thought it would seem to me.

There are many on here who point out how we're treated significantly differently than anyone else by the media. Perhaps we are, but many, if not all of those who do so are guilty of the same thing themselves when talking about others.

No need to apologise for the error.  You're clearly not a Scouser 😉

Regarding the rest of your post, 39 deaths followed by 96 should trump our anti Spurs/misbehaving on the tube but the media beg to differ.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

No need to apologise for the error.  You're clearly not a Scouser 😉

No I'm not, but just for the record, my Dad was, although he never had the accent and once, when I asked him "what's Liverpool really like Dad", he famously replied, "It's a great place to come from son".

He actually came from the "the other side", which is to say Birkenhead on the other side of the Mersey. There's him and there's Glenda Jackson.

But my dad's origins have nothing to do with my attitudes. I never knew anything at all about his family. All I do know is that when he was about 15 he was presented with a stepmother and they really didn't hit it off. So he upped and joined the Royal Navy to see the world and get away from her and depression hit Liverpool in the mid-1930s. 

He always did have great timing.

Watching Southampton V Derby , Var rules Derby offside , Danny Murphy has melt down about it not being used properly .

Liked side penalised = bad

Disliked side penalised = good .

It was more offside than anything we've been victim of recently .

Apparently they MUST give the attackers the benefit of the doubt according to the panel at half time .

Unless the attackers are Chelsea obvs.

Edited by Mark Kelly

40 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Watching Southampton V Derby , Var rules Derby offside , Danny Murphy has melt down about it not being used properly .

Liked side penalised = bad

Disliked side penalised = good .

It was more offside than anything we've been victim of recently .

Apparently they MUST give the attackers the benefit of the doubt according to the panel at half time .

Unless the attackers are Chelsea obvs.

Yes, I'm watching this too Mark. Murphy is a real muppet for sure. The only other observation I'd make though is one that was made on here the other day, I can't remember by whom unfortunately. Anyway, whomever it was suggested that when something wasn't "obvious and clear cut", then those using VAR should adopt the same policy as is used in cricket for similar situations and go with the "umpires opinion on the field". 

Seems logical to me.

11 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, I'm watching this too Mark. Murphy is a real muppet for sure. The only other observation I'd make though is one that was made on here the other day, I can't remember by whom unfortunately. Anyway, whomever it was suggested that when something wasn't "obvious and clear cut", then those using VAR should adopt the same policy as is used in cricket for similar situations and go with the "umpires opinion on the field". 

Seems logical to me.

I said that but now realise it doesn't fit with the advice given to linos to keep their flag down if it's not clear-cut, allow play to develop and if there's a goal it'll be checked by VAR. Then you don't get an on-field opinion at all.

I've no idea what happens if someone mildly offside wins a corner that the team scores from. Presumably the lino does nothing.

26 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I said that but now realise it doesn't fit with the advice given to linos to keep their flag down if it's not clear-cut, allow play to develop and if there's a goal it'll be checked by VAR. Then you don't get an on-field opinion at all.

I've no idea what happens if someone mildly offside wins a corner that the team scores from. Presumably the lino does nothing.

Yes, it's pretty murky isn't it Chiswick. Pity, I liked your suggestion.