• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

JaneB   
37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seriously?  A player who wants to leave so he can play his best position gets into a childish squabble about what the club can and can't make him do, and makes the perfectly reasonable point that if the club picks him he can chose to play badly or even shoot an own goal.  And that gets used against him - not uneducated stroppy and rather silly player against highly qualified club negotiators, but by highly qualified negotiators against naive player.

There is a huge disgrace in there for me too.  Not by Gallas.

(And it was used to duck criticism that the club had lost Gallas)

Seriously?  Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, how can that possibly be reasonable?  At the very least it's completely unprofessional.  

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Seriously?  Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, how can that possibly be reasonable?  At the very least it's completely unprofessional.  

Actually it sounds a very reasonable point to me.  At least if one believes that it was a private meeting.  But even if not, Gallas was not the professional negotiator at a private meeting, nor was he the one that leaked out of spite and to cover up failure.

JaneB   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Actually it sounds a very reasonable point to me.  At least if one believes that it was a private meeting.  But even if not, Gallas was not the professional negotiator at a private meeting, nor was he the one that leaked out of spite and to cover up failure.

Oh for goodness sake, I didn't realise you loved William Gallas as much as you do Jose Mourinho 🙄

18 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Oh for goodness sake, I didn't realise you loved William Gallas as much as you do Jose Mourinho 🙄

Seriously Jane I think you need to think through A: the context of the meeting, and the roles of player and Club reps,  B: how any reasonable discussion about "the club's right to force an unwilling player to play" might go, and C: the slimeyness of reporting back to the press what Gallas had speculated about in a private meeting.

One doesn't need to have seen Gallas play his heart out for us to understand that, or have an opinion on a certain curly haired CB rival.

JaneB   
51 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Seriously Jane I think you need to think through A: the context of the meeting, and the roles of player and Club reps,  B: how any reasonable discussion about "the club's right to force an unwilling player to play" might go, and C: the slimeyness of reporting back to the press what Gallas had speculated about in a private meeting.

One doesn't need to have seen Gallas play his heart out for us to understand that, or have an opinion on a certain curly haired CB rival.

Ok Droy, it was a long time ago and no one really knows for sure what went on, not even you!!!

However the fact that the great Lord Percy was one of my favourite players has no bearing on what I said.

chara   

OK..sorry I raised the subject of less than popular CFC people....didn't want to see issues between good posters here..although I was away (abroad not jail!) for the period mainly showing disliked players..Townsend Roberts etc I can honestly say in all my years following Chelsea I have never actually disliked a player although some I feel more neutral about than others!

The dislike list..Maradona always...I can accept the handball goal but will never accept the "Hand of God" and glorying in cheating..odious man.. 

To take away the bad taste...one and ONE only favourite Chelsea person with no justification listed.....….. me "the Cat" of course.

Bad feeling about the City game BUT it is only one game....as long as Chelsea take the points from the other matches to come..if not they don't deserve a top four spot..it is there to be earned not gifted..

JaneB   
21 hours ago, chara said:

To take away the bad taste...one and ONE only favourite Chelsea person with no justification listed.....….. me "the Cat" of course.

Of course 😀

Me? Who else?

image.jpeg.4ae11661efaeb4abd3af5fdc3722985b.jpeg

On 09/02/2019 at 2:52 PM, JaneB said:

Ok Droy, it was a long time ago and no one really knows for sure what went on, not even you!!!

However the fact that the great Lord Percy was one of my favourite players has no bearing on what I said.

Ah, still drag my Lord Percy shirt every now and again. Quality player.

11 minutes ago, Don Keebles said:

Ah, still drag my Lord Percy shirt every now and again. Quality player.

Best CH we've ever had in my humble opinion.