• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

34 minutes ago, JaneB said:

So Pochettino thinks it could take another 5 maybe 10 years to win the title (backtracking 1), Klopp says this is not their last chance of winning the title, but the first (backtracking 2), and Brendan Rodgers is going to 'give his life' to Leicester.  Bit drastic Brendan.  Any minute I'm expecting "This club, these people, this city..... bla bla bla".

Meanwhile, Chelsea's PR Department has been in overdrive about Sunday.  I still have no idea what really went on. I certainly don't agree that 'there was nothing to see here, let's move on'.  There was certainly a lot to see and it was a very unedifying spectacle with no one coming out of it well.  What on earth was Sarri doing behaving like that?  He really is the most uninspiring manager in every way.    

Ye Gods yes. What a ridiculous thing to say. Pure hyperbole.

With regard to your second para I think we should all just park what happened and move on. It's the media who are the only winners here and they can only continue to do so if people read the bilge. At the very least Chelsea supporters should turn a blind eye/deaf ear to it all and carry on regardless.

I keep saying on here, if you don't like what you read in the press or hear on the broadcast media then don't access it! Stop feeding the beast!

JaneB   
16 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Ye Gods yes. What a ridiculous thing to say. Pure hyperbole.

With regard to your second para I think we should all just park what happened and move on. It's the media who are the only winners here and they can only continue to do so if people read the bilge. At the very least Chelsea supporters should turn a blind eye/deaf ear to it all and carry on regardless.

I keep saying on here, if you don't like what you read in the press or hear on the broadcast media then don't access it! Stop feeding the beast!

Ok I shall try and carry on regardless 🤔 

You can blame the media but this did us no favours at all.

Football 365 now reporting that you can't think of Liverpool finishing second as "losing" .

Yes you ****ing well can and I will be , with joy in my heart should they screw it up.

25 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Ok I shall try and carry on regardless 🤔 

You can blame the media but this did us no favours at all.

Absolutely of course. All the same, (and I know it can be difficult), there are an untold number of things that wind me up and make me very angry, far more so than anything to do with football. And over a long time I have just found that the only way to deal with them is to simply opt out. Way back I used to read certain newspapers in detail. My wife still does, but I gave up reading papers in print back in the 80s! Oh I might still read an Evening Standard and do the crossword on the train back from London, or I might quickly glance at the Guardian headlines online, (that's to check that nobody's about to bomb me and I have that in common with Eric Idle I believe), but other than that I don't want to know. Football pundits on the telly or radio, the print media? The lot of them really. As I said, I just don't feed the beast. To coin a phrase, "don't read or watch it, it only encourages them"!

It's the only thing in life I have in common with Alex Ferguson, who was given the same advice by Busby when he was getting all of the very negative press when he first took over at Old Trafford.

Ham   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Meanwhile, Chelsea's PR Department has been in overdrive about Sunday.  I still have no idea what really went on. I certainly don't agree that 'there was nothing to see here, let's move on'.  There was certainly a lot to see and it was a very unedifying spectacle with no one coming out of it well.  What on earth was Sarri doing behaving like that?  He really is the most uninspiring manager in every way.    

100% agree. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

What on earth was Sarri doing behaving like that?  He really is the most uninspiring manager in every way.    

Funny how we all see things differently - it actually endeared him to me in some ways. It was good to see it mean that much to him. He totally and completely lost it. We all try and control it, but that happens to most of us once in a blue moon (*note to self - next time, just double check it is not in front of 80k people and the Worlds massed media).

I actually found it quite inspiring :-)

Edited by McCreadie
added a bit

JaneB   
36 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Absolutely of course. All the same, (and I know it can be difficult), there are an untold number of things that wind me up and make me very angry, far more so than anything to do with football. And over a long time I have just found that the only way to deal with them is to simply opt out. Way back I used to read certain newspapers in detail. My wife still does, but I gave up reading papers in print back in the 80s! Oh I might still read an Evening Standard and do the crossword on the train back from London, or I might quickly glance at the Guardian headlines online, (that's to check that nobody's about to bomb me and I have that in common with Eric Idle I believe), but other than that I don't want to know. Football pundits on the telly or radio, the print media? The lot of them really. As I said, I just don't feed the beast. To coin a phrase, "don't read or watch it, it only encourages them"!

It's the only thing in life I have in common with Alex Ferguson, who was given the same advice by Busby when he was getting all of the very negative press when he first took over at Old Trafford.

I've always thought that SAF would make a wonderful friend and a scary enemy and I know which I would prefer to be.  

Wish he was 20 years younger and looking for another job.  There, I've said it (as Ham would say!).

• Haha 1

JaneB   
35 minutes ago, McCreadie said:

Funny how we all see things differently - it actually endeared him to me in some ways. It was good to see it mean that much to him. He totally and completely lost it. We all try and control it, but that happens to most of us once in a blue moon (*note to self - next time, just double check it is not in front of 80k people and the Worlds massed media).

I actually found it quite inspiring :-)

Indeed it is but how nice to be able to discuss things in a civilised manner on here :-)  (not always the case!).

I'm still not sure what IT was that meant so much to him though.  Could have been any number of things, the least of which might have been the actual match!! 

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Indeed it is but how nice to be able to discuss things in a civilised manner on here :-)  (not always the case!).

I'm still not sure what IT was that meant so much to him though.  Could have been any number of things, the least of which might have been the actual match!! 

I'm sure it was just a gut reaction to a period of great stress for him that had culminated in an embarrassing situation in a very high profile scenario. He's an Italian to boot. They can do over-the-top freakouts routinely.

JaneB   
11 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

I'm sure it was just a gut reaction to a period of great stress for him that had culminated in an embarrassing situation in a very high profile scenario. 

Yep, the final straw for him I guess 😡