• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

16 minutes ago, Ham said:

People on here will disagree with me on this but I hate this kind of whistleblowing, regardless of what was posted. You wonder what you would find if you went into their social media. 

Yes, quite so.

I don't think the woman in question did herself any favours by publicising her enthusiasm for bringing back the golliwog concept, which is an historically unsavoury one which portrays black people in an inferior light, in the same way that the the Black & White Minstrel show did. However, the whistleblowing seems like it was a pernicious and malicious action motivated by some other factors or issues , perhaps of an interpersonal or employment related nature? Of course, we don't know enough about the victim of the whistleblowing and her attitudes, or the dynamics of the relationship between her and the exposer to be fully confident of making an overall judgement I suppose.

The oddest thing I found about this was the stance of the Daily Mail. On the one hand you might expect that rag to champion the cause of the woman in question with respect to her enthusiasm for the return of the "harmless" golliwog image, citing opposition to doing so as yet another example of political correctness gone mad.

But no, the Daily Mail decided in this instance that they'd rather use the story as something else to shame Chelsea FC about instead. Yes, again, quite so.

On 05/03/2019 at 10:29 AM, JaneB said:

I rather wish I hadn't watched that.  Interesting what he said about Kante too in another clip...……….just play 3 of him!!

Why was that?

JaneB   
18 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Why was that?

Because I enjoyed it 

Ham   
24 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Yes, quite so.

I don't think the woman in question did herself any favours by publicising her enthusiasm for bringing back the golliwog concept, which is an historically unsavoury one which portrays black people in an inferior light, in the same way that the the Black & White Minstrel show did. However, the whistleblowing seems like it was a pernicious and malicious action motivated by some other factors or issues , perhaps of an interpersonal or employment related nature? Of course, we don't know enough about the victim of the whistleblowing and her attitudes, or the dynamics of the relationship between her and the exposer to be fully confident of making an overall judgement I suppose.

The oddest thing I found about this was the stance of the Daily Mail. On the one hand you might expect that rag to champion the cause of the woman in question with respect to her enthusiasm for the return of the "harmless" golliwog image, citing opposition to doing so as yet another example of political correctness gone mad.

But no, the Daily Mail decided in this instance that they'd rather use the story as something else to shame Chelsea FC about instead. Yes, again, quite so.

Some good points Pete, particularly about the DM's treatment of the story. Funny that they should actually use the offending image in their story about just how horrifying it is to have to see the image on Facebook. 

12 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Because I enjoyed it 

The guy is still a charmer.  You have to be really sensitive to thinking what you are told to think not to love him.  Fortunately for the media, most people are.

Oddly, the article refers to a new FA Team - hadn't heard of that one? 

"Clark was rumbled by a whistleblower who took a screenshot of her post and sent it in an email to Chelsea bosses and the FA's Lick It Out anti-racism team"

• Like 1

JaneB   
13 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

The guy is still a charmer.  You have to be really sensitive to thinking what you are told to think not to love him.  Fortunately for the media, most people are.

Well I would expect you to say that obviously 😍

I'm just a bit of a hypocrite.

JaneB   
13 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Oddly, the article refers to a new FA Team - hadn't heard of that one? 

"Clark was rumbled by a whistleblower who took a screenshot of her post and sent it in an email to Chelsea bosses and the FA's Lick It Out anti-racism team"

Interesting concept 👅

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Because I enjoyed it 

Yes I thought it was good too, so why do you regret watching it then? Whatever he’s like in other respects he’s revealing himself as a very good pundit I think, based on the little I’ve seen so far.

I see Guardiola is rumoured to be off to Juve then. 

Must just be coincidental that City are being investigated once more for breaches of FFP.