• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

chara   
On 4/12/2019 at 0:51 PM, East Lower said:

I've just read that ex-Liverpool captain Tommy Smith has just sadly passed away (RIP).

Deservedly there'll be a minute of reflection held at Sunday's game now. The eyes of the footballing world will be on us, I truly hope that the dickheads stay away from the game or better still learn some respect - a bit sharpish.

We'll get slaughtered if even a couple of numb nuts misbehave.

The strength and worth of our history is linked to the worth of our opponent players....Tommy Smith was a very worthy opponent and deserves a little more credit for his contribution to the game...not disregarding comments about attitude etc but Tommy Smith was a product of his time as we all were at that time...with the years comes some wisdom hopefully.

I was at Wembley many years ago watching the Youth World Cup series of games or whatever it was called..as I remember England won the final against (as I remember but,,) Northern Ireland..can't remember the score but Pat Jennings was in goal for NI...and Chopper Harris and Tommy Smith were the two "halfbacks" for England.. FWIW the England keeper was Cowan the Chelsea youth keeper..and George Graham was playing for Scotland..I can recall most of the England side most of whom went on to good football careers..The thought of two of the genuinely hard players of their era playing together brings a smile and a shudder!

8 hours ago, Backbiter said:

there is clearly a media demand for stories that will damage the club. 

I'm not sure why there would be? I mean, why Chelsea? Why would all these journos have an exclusive set against Chelsea?

chara   
1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

I'm not sure why there would be? I mean, why Chelsea? Why would all these journos have an exclusive set against Chelsea?

Because it's easy and panders to idiots...just read the Daily Mail comments on any Chelsea related articles.... 

9 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Are you suggesting they aren't all set against Chelsea?  Or just asking why?

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Are you suggesting they aren't all set against Chelsea?  Or just asking why?

Explain to me why they would be 'all set against Chelsea'? Lot's of clubs to chose from....

2 hours ago, chara said:

Because it's easy and panders to idiots...

Fine, but there are a lot of clubs to chose from, aren't there? So, are you saying that it's only Chelsea that gets this treatment?

2 hours ago, chara said:

just read the Daily Mail comments on any Chelsea related articles.... 

I have. The Daily Mail is a piece of sh*t. That doesn't mean that the entire media are against Chelsea exclusively, does it? 

26 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Explain to me why they would be 'all set against Chelsea'? Lot's of clubs to chose from....

Always with the rhetorical questions - no doubt you'll say you haven't said they aren't all against Chelsea .

First I don't have to explain why it rains in Manchester, I just have to have been there to see it.
Contrary to what you keep implying (but don't actually say), they are all against Chelsea, and more against Chelsea than against any other club.

If you want reasons - it is a mixture -

• pro-liverpool who see the only reason they haven't been rivalling United for the past 20 years is Chelsea
  • fans of other clubs like Spurs who feel they have been cheated by Chelsea's money
  • because frankly we won far more titles (especially domestic cups) than even the money we spent - that upset everyone. Sky in particular want to see more clubs get a chance.
  • Because the media pander to bitter fans all biased for the above 2 reasons
  • Because hacks tend to come from Manchester or Liverpool (with thriving football coverage in Evening papers and radio) while Fleet street and Canary Wharf are very much E London, not W London.
  • Because our best players have come in the foreign era, and often been foreign so there has been little Chelsea presence in the gang of the great and good TV co-presenters
  • Because of an active PR campaign by Berezovsky and a few other media owning Oligarchs against both Putin and RA,
  • Because of some pathetic excuse making by managers like Wenger (but not SAF)
33 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

The Daily Mail is a piece of sh*t. That doesn't mean that the entire media are against Chelsea exclusively, does it? 

They are all sh*t.  The Times is Sh*t.  The Telegraph is, the Guardian is worse than sh*t, The Sun, The Mirror, The Star, The Express.  And not just on Chelsea.

To be fair to the Mail, it is the sole paper which actually has online comments pages open on controversial topics, it has become the only place where one can discover whether the latest set of media lies are believed by the public or not. 

chara   
42 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Fine, but there are a lot of clubs to chose from, aren't there? So, are you saying that it's only Chelsea that gets this treatment?

I have. The Daily Mail is a piece of sh*t. That doesn't mean that the entire media are against Chelsea exclusively, does it? 

My point wasn't that the DM was anti Chelsea ..my point was that the media to quote Droy "pander to bitter fans..." as is shown by reading any comments regarding a Chelsea related article.

Interesting to read as regardless of the article or report basically the comments all come back to.."Plastic Fans" (after over 50 years of following Chelsea I would find that insulting if it were not so silly)..Russian money .. and Roman is a pawn of Putin...to pander to that audience is lazy and sums up the media and it's covering of most things.

I read the DM Chelsea reports because it's easy to access and I am bright enough I think to glean any real info and discard the rest..bit like following topics on here...from the brilliant to interesting to laughable or asinine...all help frame what is going on or rather "Chelseafanthink"...I won't stop reading this forum because some posts are silly.

chara   
53 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Sorry Michael didn't answer some of your questions... I try to read other club points and very rarely do I read something really ANTI...after all ..the middle 9 or so clubs raise little animosity amongst fans or the media  ..the relegation fodder likewise and who in the media would dare dig at Liverpool United Arsenal or Spurs?..Citeh just get a free ride.

Chelsea are a great target and of course many times almost invite the media to attack by doing silly things but with all the success of the last decade or so it hurts the media to see that offset against their bias....which invites more of the same...