• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

18 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd imagine they'll go for a minute's applause; it's what the PL clubs seem to do to save their visitors embarrassment. 

We were both wrong, partially so. 

There will be a minutes silence in remembrance of the Hillsborough tragedy and its victims. 

I’ve received an email from the club ‘informing’ match going fans of this and that any instances of disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated. It also refers to the people in Prague and how it has embarrassed and shamed the club. 

Under the spotlight today.

6 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

There you go - wasn't that hard, was it? 

You still haven't expressed an opinion - just a string of sarky questions, and now sarky praise.

8 hours ago, chara said:

I read the DM Chelsea reports because it's easy to access and I am bright enough I think to glean any real info and discard the rest..bit like following topics on here...from the brilliant to interesting to laughable or asinine...all help frame what is going on or rather "Chelseafanthink"...I won't stop reading this forum because some posts are silly.

I really don’t see why you're reading the Daily Mail for any reason at all Chara. It's a scumbag, fascist rag of the worst kind, quite apart from anything negative it might say about CFC.

5 hours ago, East Lower said:

We were both wrong, partially so. 

There will be a minutes silence in remembrance of the Hillsborough tragedy and its victims. 

I’ve received an email from the club ‘informing’ match going fans of this and that any instances of disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated. It also refers to the people in Prague and how it has embarrassed and shamed the club. 

Under the spotlight today.

Is it just me, or is it always some sort of Hillaborough remembrance when we play Liverpool? Sometimes we are forced to show respect even when not playing Liverpool (Tottenham FA Cup semi). 

Its just bizarre. Where is the rememberance for Bradford, Rangers, Juventus etc? 

Ham   
21 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Is it just me, or is it always some sort of Hillaborough remembrance when we play Liverpool? Sometimes we are forced to show respect even when not playing Liverpool (Tottenham FA Cup semi). 

Its just bizarre. Where is the rememberance for Bradford, Rangers, Juventus etc? 

The Bradford fire is the one that I'll never forget. I was watching final score on the BBC and they went live to Valley Parade just as that old man ran away from the stand, on fire from head to toe before passing away near the centre circle. 

This was in the days before the internet and you just didn't see things like that.  

Stayed with me to this day. 

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You still haven't expressed an opinion

An 'opinion' about what? 

And apologies if asking a question troubles  you so much as it apparently does. 

just a string of sarky questions, and now sarky praise.

No 'sarky' questions, and certainly no 'sarky' praise. All in your mind (which usually happens with you when you can't come up with a direct response). You need to stop inventing hoops for others to jump through. And you especially need to stop creating conflict where there isn't any. 

I know that you think you run these forums for your own  amusement, but as amazing as it may seem - you don't. 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

The Bradford fire is the one that I'll never forget. I was watching final score on the BBC and they went live to Valley Parade just as that old man ran away from the stand, on fire from head to toe before passing away near the centre circle. 

This was in the days before the internet and you just didn't see things like that.  

Stayed with me to this day. 

Yeah , I was on holiday , staying in a cottage , turned on the telly and was really shocked by what I saw .

Having said that , regardless of how much we dislike the brand "Liverpool" you don't imagine going to a, football game and not coming home . 

It's still absolutely horrible even with them milking it.

chara   
4 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

I really don’t see why you're reading the Daily Mail for any reason at all Chara. It's a scumbag, fascist rag of the worst kind, quite apart from anything negative it might say about CFC.

Hey PeteR...Not wanting to sound defensive but I do not "read' the DM....I go to the Chelsea page on line (the easy access)and any football related topic I might think is worth reading and follow up any worthwhile topic on other news sites...as for the rest of the paper(or any other) I do not bother..remember I live in Colorado and there is enough foolishness in Colorado to keep my attention without even considering the rest of the States! Bit like asking any visitor to bring a Telegraph...not for the news but the crossword and the sports pages!

FWIW..I lived in Spain (real Spain) during Franco's time and twice after..if you are interested in my take on first hand Fascism and it's aftermath I would be happy to PM you. Just don't think such topics have a place here.

28 minutes ago, chara said:

Hey PeteR...Not wanting to sound defensive but I do not "read' the DM....I go to the Chelsea page on line (the easy access)and any football related topic I might think is worth reading and follow up any worthwhile topic on other news sites...as for the rest of the paper(or any other) I do not bother..remember I live in Colorado and there is enough foolishness in Colorado to keep my attention without even considering the rest of the States! Bit like asking any visitor to bring a Telegraph...not for the news but the crossword and the sports pages!

FWIW..I lived in Spain (real Spain) during Franco's time and twice after..if you are interested in my take on first hand Fascism and it's aftermath I would be happy to PM you. Just don't think such topics have a place here.

Excellent! Thanks Chara. I had thought that the dreadedDM was certainly not you style for sure.

I’d welcome an exchange re: living under a Franco. That would be really interesting I reckon.

As for Colorado? You surprise me there. I've always thought it a very nice place, but I'm aware that the mid-west is what it is when all's said and done. I have a brother-in-law, (English), who lives in Boulder which I think is a very nice place indeed.