• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

27 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Distinctly unimpressed with the (lack of) press coverage of Sarri allegedly being abused last night. They don't care about what is wrong, they care about what gets read. 

No they have , its filed under "stupid Italian manager gets sent off by amazing referee whilst English manager pats himself on the back for a job well done"

Edited by Mark Kelly

26 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Distinctly unimpressed with the (lack of) press coverage of Sarri allegedly being abused last night. They don't care about what is wrong, they care about what gets read

They care about what gets spoonfed to them pre-written by PR staff - especially by those PR people who are regular sources of juicy titbits.

If the Chelsea PR team don't want to discuss it, nobody is going to do any research.

4 fouls by Burnley in 80 minutes of football (called 96 mins).

5 by Liverpool, 19 by Slavia with an EL ref.

Who else is surprised the Burnley goalkeeping coach is a scouser ? Still , if nothing else it means the FA won't do zip about him calling Sarri a "**** Italian" .

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

Distinctly unimpressed with the (lack of) press coverage of Sarri allegedly being abused last night. They don't care about what is wrong, they care about what gets read. 

Earlier this morning there wasn't much in the media, but as details of what was said emerged, the story has been covered by many outlets, including that it would feature in the referee's report.

I see Raheem Sterling is suggesting clubs are docked nine points for racist behaviour .

Whilst I am certainly on his side regarding the abuse he's getting I cannot see this working when all it would take is a bunch of idiots masquerading as our bunch of idiots and we'd be relegated .

Edited by Mark Kelly

Just now, Mark Kelly said:

I see Raheem Sterling is suggesting clubs are docked nine points for racist behaviour .

Whilst I am certainly on his side regarding the abuse he's getting I cannot see this working when all it would take is a bunch of idiots masquerading as our bunch of idiots and we'd be relegated .

Yes, Yes, though it is hardly his job to write the rules, just to emphasise the size of the issue.  He's doing a good job

3 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

Earlier this morning there wasn't much in the media, but as details of what was said emerged, the story has been covered by many outlets, including that it would feature in the referee's report.

Fair, it does seem to have gained some traction but not nearly what I would expect if broadcasters genuinely cared about bigotry. Two Chelsea stories on the BBC's main page, neither of them about an allegation that a Chelsea employee was effectively abused based on their nationality. 

Stim   

If I recall correctly didn't they say Chelsea should fire the guy who made Mourinho go crazy? Or was that just some dips opinion

19 minutes ago, Stim said:

If I recall correctly didn't they say Chelsea should fire the guy who made Mourinho go crazy? Or was that just some dips opinion

It was my opinion.  Don't think anyone else said it.
Haven't noticed the guy since - he was seriously out of order.

48 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It was my opinion.  Don't think anyone else said it.
Haven't noticed the guy since - he was seriously out of order.

One of the players Conte actually wanted bought as Conte said to understudy Matic .

Are you proposing Matic as an AM now?