• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

One of the players Conte actually wanted bought as Conte said to understudy Matic .

Wrong thread I believe.
Conte avoids saying Baka is better than Matic, press write up a silly understudy story - a handful choose to believe it.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Are you proposing Matic as an AM now?

??????  Too slow to play keeper, too slow to be our CF now.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

If you press high (like Liverpool or City or sometimes Spurs) then you have to bring players down at the start of a counter.
It is just a basic principle and Barca and Pep were the experts.

Of course how the ref runs the game makes a massive difference to the result - Plain obvious.  And ridiculous to challenge the idea.

30 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If you press high (like Liverpool or City or sometimes Spurs) then you have to bring players down at the start of a counter.

No you don't , it's against the laws of the game !

I of course , understand what you mean ! 

Sciatika   

I think he meant that you might accidentally bump into a player or get in the way. If you are a Burnley player, you should wait until the opposition gets the ball and then fall over clutching your head and feigning agony. This is called "breaking up play" and is, in no way, cheating.

Ham   

Les Ferdinand ranting about racism in football and demanding that clubs whose fans are guilty of racism are banned from whatever competition it happens in.

Amazingly the Sky reporter says " What about the incident where Sterling was racially abused at Chelsea? Should Chelsea be kicked out of the Premier League?". 

He answers yes.

I've got a few issues with this, ex Spud Les.

Firstly it has been proven that he wasn't racially abused at Chelsea unless you include anti Manchester abuse. Tick tock on the public apology. 

Secondly why not use the example of the proven racism by a SPURS fan who threw a banana at Aubamayang that same week and ask whether Spurs should be banned?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

Amazingly the Sky reporter says " What about the incident where Sterling was racially abused at Chelsea? Should Chelsea be kicked out of the Premier League?". 

He answers yes.

Difficult to say this, because I think Sterling is doing a great job and I am right behind him.  But sometimes anti-racism sometimes comes across as being cover for being anti-Chelsea.

Ham   
3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Difficult to say this, because I think Sterling is doing a great job and I am right behind him.  But sometimes anti-racism sometimes comes across as being cover for being anti-Chelsea.

I'm torn because other than the massive racists in Montenegro, I'm not seeing the evidence of a campaign of racism against him.  Let's not forget that his allegation was against the press mainly. 

AK47 on the leg deserves criticism.  

He's unpopular among a lot of English fans for partizan reasons (leaving Liverpool) and because of the gulf between his form for club against country historically. 

I think he's using racism as a cloak. 

Edited by Ham

10 minutes ago, Ham said:

I'm torn because other than the massive racists in Montenegro, I'm not seeing the evidence of a campaign of racism against him.  Let's not forget that his allegation was against the press mainly. 

AK47 on the leg deserves criticism.  

The press have purposely diverted Sterling's complaints to be about Racism when the crux of his argument was how differently the press treat black people to white people. 

His issue is with them. 

I really don't have to think too hard to think of examples of the press treating something they like differently to something they don't,  you only have to see how they treat us in comparison to the rest of the league. 

The AK47 thing was in memory of his dad who was murdered I think to highlight the danger of guns. 

If it was down to me I'd make him England Captain just to pee them off. 

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Like 1