• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
8 hours ago, synavm said:

That argument doesn't stand up.

Dr Dre calls himself and his mates the N word in his music. If I were to call him that, it wouldn't change the fact it is a racial slur rooted in total hatred and would be a totally inappropriate term to use. 

Baddiel is spot on, Spurs using the Y word as an identity opens up the door to tribal hatred blurring across into race/ethnicity. We need to continue getting our house in order and Spurs need to start. Their statement is unacceptable.  

Actually Dr Dre is an awful analogy. 

N***az With Attitude. NWA. 

I'm comfortable calling them by either the full or shortened version. That's the collective name they give themselves. 

Nothing remotely racist or offensive in naming this group. 

Edited by Ham

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

The Guardian report today on a West Ham fan being convicted of racially abusing Son.

They include the following:

They obviously didn't have the space to write that lip reading experts told the police and the CPS "they believed Mr Wing had shouted "Manc c***" not "black c***"."

The words "was accused" is not a get out clause here, it is a deliberate attempt to mislead.
So so Guardian.

Ham   

BT Sport 1 now showing a programme which acknowledges HEYSEL!!!

Shows Liverpool fans STILL attacking and throwing missiles at people who are carrying dead people out.

This club. These fans. 

Lawrenson admits that as a club, Liverpool don't talk about HEYSEL and that it's swept under the carpet. 

4 minutes ago, Ham said:

BT Sport 1 now showing a programme which acknowledges HEYSEL!!!

Shows Liverpool fans STILL attacking and throwing missiles at people who are carrying dead people out.

This club. These fans. 

Lawrenson admits that as a club, Liverpool don't talk about HEYSEL and that it's swept under the carpet. 

Really? Well played to him then in that case. 

Perhaps he should share that opinion with Danny Murphy? Or maybe he already has?

Ham   
18 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Really? Well played to him then in that case. 

Perhaps he should share that opinion with Danny Murphy? Or maybe he already has?

Rest assured it moved on very quickly to show how Scousers are actually great and that the Anfield rap was hilarious and it is now moving onto Hillsborough. 

In between it shows Liverpool fans scaling walls to get into Wembley without tickets. Cue Scouser who said "Dats just 'ow we got into games back den"

So the only game where there weren't ticketless fans was Hillsborough? 🤔

Lip service to Heysel.  The real business begins now. 

Normal service is resumed. 

Edited by Ham

Ham   

Last post from me on this whitewash documentary.... One of the Hillsborough campaigners says that the reason they never gave up is because, and I quote, "If we see a closed door in front of us, we're either going over it or around it or we're kicking it in"

Irony can be very ironic sometimes

• Like 2

I watched that documentary this week. It was a real shock for a network that normally pays so little attention to Liverpool FC to decide to do a big feature on a decade when they were so successful ;-).

My reaction to the programme was exactly the same as yours, Ham. Heysel was put into the context of Milllwall and Chelsea fans running riot, while stressing the poor state of Heysel's terracing. Plus the LFC fan made  it clear he felt Juve fans started the trouble. So all in all Liverpool fans were pretty blameless and a bit unlucky.

And like you, I was struck by the same fan glorying in the fans' ingenuity at getting into games without tickets. And yet it is the most disgraceful slur to suggest any of them did so at Hillsborough.

Still, it was a watchable programme that linked Merseyside's football dominance to the political, economic and social turmoil the city went through back then.

• Like 1

Ham   
48 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I watched that documentary this week. It was a real shock for a network that normally pays so little attention to Liverpool FC to decide to do a big feature on a decade when they were so successful ;-).

My reaction to the programme was exactly the same as yours, Ham. Heysel was put into the context of Milllwall and Chelsea fans running riot, while stressing the poor state of Heysel's terracing. Plus the LFC fan made  it clear he felt Juve fans started the trouble. So all in all Liverpool fans were pretty blameless and a bit unlucky.

And like you, I was struck by the same fan glorying in the fans' ingenuity at getting into games without tickets. And yet it is the most disgraceful slur to suggest any of them did so at Hillsborough.

Still, it was a watchable programme that linked Merseyside's football dominance to the political, economic and social turmoil the city went through back then.

👍100%

Football 365 , founded by Tottenham supporter Danny Kelly , describe Tottenham's season as "Glorious" .

To be " Glorious" shouldn't there be some , you know , glory ?

To dare is not to do apparently .

Ham   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

Football 365 , founded by Tottenham supporter Danny Kelly , describe Tottenham's season as "Glorious" .

To be " Glorious" shouldn't there be some , you know , glory ?

To dare is not to do apparently .

So that would make our season stonkingly beautiful seeing as we finished above them and won a European trophy.