• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Ham said:

I hear what Mark says about Foden and agree that looks off but I'm simply not in agreement that he personally has been the victim of a campaign.  

It's right to call out racism where you see it but is he highlighting a campaign of racism against him specifically or more generally against black players?

I think in fairness to Sterling , he's never seemed to want to make it all about him and more the way the press are institutionally racist.  

Personally , broadly I don't see it but the examples he gave definitely happened.

As box of tricks says above because the press treat Chelsea FC and their supporters in the same way as they treat the black players they pretend they don't hate .

Sterling called them on it and the wankers in the media got a twofer out of it by making out calling someone a Manc count is racist which is something they would never be . Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ham said:

I hear what Mark says about Foden and agree that looks off but I'm simply not in agreement that he personally has been the victim of a campaign.  

There will be people out there that say the press are very fair to Chelsea and only report what happens/what we do, and that we just happen to be a particularly bad apple. We know otherwise.

They've done a great deal to cultivate a bad reputation for us. If there's an incident that shames football - they'll use us as the image. Repeatedly. They'll find trouble where there isn't any. And if a 'nothing' story actually about us can be spun negatively - they'll spin it.

They started to use the same tricks on Sterling - how else do you explain stuff like this:

CmOByn_WYAA8jdu.jpg

It started after he made the decision to leave Liverpool. From then on, they made him a target, a hate figure and played on anything about him (including his ethnicity and the racial stereotypes that come with it) to paint him as a bad person and gradually whip up vitriol from the masses.

It's all about planting seeds and chipping away at reputations until everyone thinks you're scum. 

 

Edited by Box of Tricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
13 hours ago, Box of Tricks said:

There will be people out there that say the press are very fair to Chelsea and only report what happens/what we do, and that we just happen to be a particularly bad apple. We know otherwise.

They've done a great deal to cultivate a bad reputation for us. If there's an incident that shames football - they'll use us as the image. Repeatedly. They'll find trouble where there isn't any. And if a 'nothing' story actually about us can be spun negatively - they'll spin it.

They started to use the same tricks on Sterling - how else do you explain stuff like this:

CmOByn_WYAA8jdu.jpg

It started after he made the decision to leave Liverpool. From then on, they made him a target, a hate figure and played on anything about him (including his ethnicity and the racial stereotypes that come with it) to paint him as a bad person and gradually whip up vitriol from the masses.

It's all about planting seeds and chipping away at reputations until everyone thinks you're scum. 

Wasn't this story about a black footballer who dealt drugs and isn't the image of Sterling to highlight the premier League star who is the generational aspiration

I'm not seeing any racism here. Maybe people are too quick to look for it.

 

 

Edited by Ham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ham said:

Wasn't this story about a black footballer who dealt drugs and isn't the image of Sterling to highlight the premier League star who is the generational aspiration

I'm not seeing any racism here. Maybe people are too quick to look for it.

 

 

Not in the context of all the other stories about him ( Mum House , Dad Leg etc)  They had it in for him and he called them on it and they made it about us. 

Its a typical tabloid trick to make a story about one thing look like a story about another thing entirely ,for clicks , giggles , whatever , they used to print nonsense stories about JT all the time , it was a personal thing and to a degree I agree with you , it may well not be racially motivated but what it is and what it was when they did it to JT is character assassination .

Trying to make the public associate bad things with a person they don't like .

Edited by Mark Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ham said:

Wasn't this story about a black footballer who dealt drugs and isn't the image of Sterling to highlight the premier League star who is the generational aspiration

I'm not seeing any racism here. Maybe people are too quick to look for it.

There's none so blind etc. 

I can get a bit of a backlash against the media's heel turn on Sterling this past year, because it is shallow and self-serving. But that's just it; it's a heel turn. 

I'd absolutely fume if my picture was used in a tabloid article about someone who shared one trait or characteristic with me breaking the law. And frankly, it's weird for you to pick out and highlight that the young player was black as some sort of common thread. I'm sure they also had loads in common with white footballers, white males etc. 

I'm very confident we'd be in here moaning about it if a similar thing was done with a Chelsea player. In fact, didn't we all slate NoTW years ago for a deliberate agenda when they ran a story about a distant Lampard relative being accused of child abuse and slapped Frank's face next to it on their front page? 

It is not even necessarily about the press being maliciously or unconsciously racist in their reporting (though they are) and more about the way we construct the world around us. If you constantly read negative things about people of a specific race, culture, gender etc. it is going to have an impact on the ideas you have about those people. This is such basic psychology and brain science that there is not a counter argument to be made. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

It's pure speculation that their perceived agenda against Sterling was racially motivated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ham said:

Wasn't this story about a black footballer who dealt drugs and isn't the image of Sterling to highlight the premier League star who is the generational aspiration

I'm not seeing any racism here. Maybe people are too quick to look for it.

Doesn't that remind you of the NOTW that a story about the strange things some unknown gays were doing with their vibrating mobile phones, and put a picture of Ashley Cole and a known gay DJ besides it?
Ash sued, got I think £250k, and was treated dreadfully by the press ever afterwards.  Respect to Sterling if he has managed the press better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Doesn't that remind you of the NOTW that a story about the strange things some unknown gays were doing with their vibrating mobile phones, and put a picture of Ashley Cole and a known gay DJ besides it?
Ash sued, got I think £250k, and was treated dreadfully by the press ever afterwards.  Respect to Sterling if he has managed the press better.

I'd forgotten about that one.

Truly scummy behaviour. 

And it pinches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   

Based on whistleblowing figures, we finished top of 3 of 4 tables. My favourite bit?

"More than 31% of Chelsea fans witnessed homophobia at Stamford Bridge".

Yes..... Against us!!

https://mol.I'm/a/7133809

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Based on whistleblowing figures, we finished top of 3 of 4 tables. My favourite bit?

"More than 31% of Chelsea fans witnessed homophobia at Stamford Bridge".

Yes..... Against us!!

https://mol.I'm/a/7133809

 

Does it say rising to 100% when Liverpool are in town ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now