• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

10 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Mark - how do you allow this!? 

I would be making threats with the words "no inheritence" in them! 

That would help... not.

paulw66   
Just now, Mark Kelly said:

It's horrendous isn't it ?

I think I need to get him down the Bridge for a dose of the blues in action !

and fast.........my boy turned 1 yesterday. already thinking about when I can bring him along! 

Sciatika   
5 hours ago, paulw66 said:

If I had a child and used the words "no inheritance", they would be creased up.

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Neither article explains how a retweet or a like from a Pogba tweet/photo generates cash for Man Utd, and certainly not to the levels that warrant such absurd wages.

Shirt sales increase - ok, but the winner there is the kit manufacturer. 

I am not entirely sure as I despise social media and celeb culture. However, I do a lot of reading and everything I read says once you get above 1m instragram followers you enter the elite level so to speak. Once there it starts to become a little more complicated in that it is to do with interactions and other variables but the higher the interactions the more money you can make. However, Pogba apprantly has a high interaction rate - I read once it was approaching 2% which is super high; like near the levels - although she has a much larger following-  of that young Kardashian who sells make up and is now an independent billionaire esstentially from posing with her products on social media. 

Edit - It is a Jenner and not a Kardashian.

11 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Well, what Mark is talking about is exactly my point. Younger people and by this I mean  even as old as 18 year olds now follow individuals rather than clubs. Hence, the importance of social media as it is direct access, or the apprant feel of direct acccess. 

Either way, it is fine. If people think Pogba is getting offers of £500k a week and being spoken about going in £150m+ transfers based on shirt sales and his football ability that is fine, but it is not the reality, as depressing as it is.

Edited by Conte Kante

3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

I am not entirely sure as I despise social media and celeb culture. However, I do a lot of reading and everything I read says once you get above 1m instragram followers you enter the elite level so to speak. Once there it starts to become a little more complicated in that it is to do with interactions and other variables but the higher the interactions the more money you can make. However, Pogba apprantly has a high interaction rate - I read once it was approaching 2% which is super high; like near the levels - although she has a much larger following-  of that young Kardashian who sells make up and is now an independent billionaire esstentially from posing with her products on social media. 

You haven't explained why anyone would be paying Pogba for his media presence.  Does he sell make up?  Is he answering questions on what to wear at the prom?

3 hours ago, Conte Kante said:

Either way, it is fine. If people think Pogba is getting offers of £500k a week and being spoken about going in £150m+ transfers based on shirt sales and his football ability that is fine, but it is not the reality, as depressing as it is.

He isn't getting offers of £500k a week or at least not yet he isn't.  

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You haven't explained why anyone would be paying Pogba for his media presence.  Does he sell make up?  Is he answering questions on what to wear at the prom?

He isn't getting offers of £500k a week or at least not yet he isn't.  

It is because he has 35m people whom have his photos/stories sent to their phones when they flick through their instagram accounts. Of this 35m, on average 1-2% interact with the post(s). As I have said, I am not in advertising and/or even have social media but this is a real thing and a massive money maker. Additionally, I know you have said it is different when it is a female advertising make-up and a sportsman in training gear etc and I do agree. However, that is also why that Jenner girl is worth $1bn at 21 and Pogba is worth more like $50m. 

£500k a week rumours;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9318596/man-utd-paul-pogba-500k-week-stay/amp/

26 minutes ago, Conte Kante said:

It is because he has 35m people whom have his photos/stories sent to their phones when they flick through their instagram accounts. Of this 35m, on average 1-2% interact with the post(s). As I have said, I am not in advertising and/or even have social media but this is a real thing and a massive money maker. Additionally, I know you have said it is different when it is a female advertising make-up and a sportsman in training gear etc and I do agree. However, that is also why that Jenner girl is worth $1bn at 21 and Pogba is worth more like $50m. 

£500k a week rumours;

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/9318596/man-utd-paul-pogba-500k-week-stay/amp/

That would be brilliant if the topic was some product that can be sold.  it isn't, it is just football bollox.  Otherwise the owners of this site would give a damn about their userbase.

It is a real thing when there is a product being sold.  Kylie Jenner is worth $1billion because she actually owns the Kyle Cosmetics company that she markets on the internet.  It's the difference between being Pogba and being Addidas.

£500k a week - since when do we take rumours in the Sun from 3 weeks ago seriously??

(link in wikipedia - Kylie Jenner)

Edited by Droy was my hero

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

That would be brilliant if the topic was some product that can be sold.  it isn't, it is just football bollox.  Otherwise the owners of this site would give a damn about their userbase.

It is a real thing when there is a product being sold.  Kylie Jenner is worth $1billion because she actually owns the Kyle Cosmetics company that she markets on the internet.  It's the difference between being Pogba and being Addidas.

£500k a week - since when do we take rumours in the Sun from 3 weeks ago seriously??

(link in wikipedia - Kylie Jenner)

Yes and no. Here is what one advertiser said in an FT article, which also backs up the claim: 

Using a celebrity’s face to tout a product is not new. But marketing experts say Kylie herself is the product. “She did this with cosmetics, but it could have been anything. It could have been cupcakes, or sneakers or hair-ties,” says Jeremy Paul, managing partner of RLP Advisers, a wealth manager that works with professional athletes and entertainers. Her platform gave her “unprecedented” opportunities to sell, he adds.

Full article on her wealth and how it is inextricably linked to her social media presence is here:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ft.com/content/7935b4da-40e6-11e9-9bee-efab61506f44

Ergo, Pogba and other players like him, are hugely valuable to their clubs because of their social media presence and how their audiences interact with them and as a result recieve premium wages because of it.

Additionally, I just want to point out this whole discussion stemmed from Jane saying Pogba being offered £500k a week was madness and LoC saying it was Raniola (or whatever his name is) at work.

I however was just pointing out that due to his social media following, Pogba would likely be offered/after similar wages regardless of his agent as clubs want access to social media audiences like his.

I mean, lets be serious, if it was all Machiavellian antics on Raniola's part getting Pogba these apprant types of offers - or a £290k a week contract when he signed in 2016 - then why would clubs even bother? Especially when said player is not an elite level player. It is because of his brand, which like Jenner, is linked directly to his social media audience.

Edited by Conte Kante