• Current Donation Goals

CFCnet Admin

Media / Press

Ham   
14 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Don't you think the headline would shriek "Chelsea" other than "football supporter" if it was us ?

Yes and it wouldn't have concluded with "the police would like to thank other Liverpool fans for their assistance"

15 hours ago, Ham said:

Yes and it wouldn't have concluded with "the police would like to thank other Liverpool fans for their assistance"

It’s very obvious how the reporting of various incidents are angled by the media. Anything Chelsea related is blown up out of proportion while other teams fans behaviour is hardly mentioned. 

I remember the Paris metro situation. Only days after Man City fans had locked in an Asian boy in a toilet on a train and racially abusing him. I think the kid was younger than 12... It merited a small article in a local Manchester paper. 

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/jordi-osei-tutu-incident-shows-17924651

Awful incident, but guess which other incident gets brought back up, despite the bloke being cleared 

1 hour ago, Ham said:

That boils my blood.  

For the media it's like the gift that keeps on giving , another thousand words , no work , pay day !

Word for word, this is what I just heard on ITV's News at Ten during a report on discrimination in football.

"The new statistics come in a year in which Raheem Sterling received a torrent of racist abuse at Chelsea in December"

I might be going over old ground here, but Sterling gave a statement saying he didn't hear racist language, and the CPS decided there was insufficient evidence to prosecute after acting upon advice from a lip reading expert.

So that makes the above libellous, surely? They didn't even bother to throw in an "alleged" like the papers do to keep the incident alive whenever any story of racism in sport pops up.

That's an Ofcom worthy complaint, in my opinion.

14 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

^ As far as I recall December was in 2018.  Idiots.

That wasn't their only error - they also missed out the words "Tottenham" and "Hotspur" when talking about a banana being thrown at Aubameyang.

• Like 1

Ham   

I'm not at all shocked about the behaviour of the Spud scum but knocked sideways that they should admit it and apologise. 

Screenshot_20190725-174520_Daily Mail Online.jpg

This isn't a reply to anything current in this topic, but I was really stuck trying to find a suitable place for it. Given that it's a story from the Media I decided to put it in here.

What is it? It's this week's offering from The Coaches Voice and this week it features a top player for Chelsea for me - Gus Poyet. Also good stuff re: Brighton here for Jane;

https://www.coachesvoice.com/gus-poyet-brighton-sunderland/