• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karan

Live Match Thread: Internazionale Vs Chelsea

Karan   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Champions League Round of 16, First Leg match against Internazionale Milano, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 1945hrs, Wednesday, 24th February 2010, at the Stadio Guiseppe Meazza, Milan.

IMPORTANT: Stream Information Thread

Karan   

Obviously some injury issues to concern ourselves with, especially at LB, and that's also important because of the threat Maicon provides on that side of the pitch.

Nevertheless, the lineup doesn't have many unresolved issues as such.

My prefered lineup:

Cech

Ivanovic - Carvalho - Terry - Zhirkov

Mikel

Ballack - Lampard - Malouda

Anelka - Drogba

Subs*: Hilario, Alex, Kalou, J.Cole, Sturridge, Bruma, Deco/Belletti

* Tentative and subject to change depending on player fitness

Note: Before anyone starts putting Ferreira in their CL lineups, do note that he is NOT in the CL squad.

Obviously some injury issues to concern ourselves with, especially at LB, and that's also important because of the threat Maicon provides on that side of the pitch.

My prefered lineup:

Cech

Mikel

Anelka - Drogba

Note: Before anyone starts putting Ferreira in their CL lineups, do note that he is NOT in the CL squad.

I agree with this lineup. We have to push for an away goal. Hopefully Ancelotti's experience in this stage of CL will get us through this tie.

I hope Wednesday is the day Jose loses his 8 year unbeaten home record.

cii99mn1   

I agree with this lineup. We have to push for an away goal. Hopefully Ancelotti's experience in this stage of CL will get us through this tie.

I hope Wednesday is the day Jose loses his 8 year unbeaten home record.

That record is for the league only (and maybe domestic cups?), remember he lost a game against Barcelona at home...

Is it worrying John Terry has made 3 or 4 errors in his previous 2 games? I'm not saying he should be dropped, but is it a concern?

My prefered lineup:

Cech

Mikel

Anelka - Drogba

Completely agree with this line-up. Only change is that I'd go with a 4-3-2-1 instead of the diamond 4-4-2.

Is it worrying John Terry has made 3 or 4 errors in his previous 2 games? I'm not saying he should be dropped, but is it a concern?

Yes, I think that is a big big concern. Has the problems with Toni finally caught up with him on the pitch?

Finally, after all the disappointments in this tournament due to various reasons (some due to bad luck, others are much more sinister) I can't help but feeling a little bit detached to this game. Sure, it would be nice to go through and finally win it but I am far more concerned with the Premier League and winning that. The value of the Champions League has somewhat diminished due to the horrendous refereeing performances we've had over the last 5-6 seasons in the tournament.

My prefered lineup:

Cech

Mikel

Anelka - Drogba

I think that's the team that will start - assuming Zhirkov is fit.

Really looking forward to this game. Should be one hell of a test. Inter have some strong players in most areas of the pitch. And Eto'o always seems to do well against us. Am hoping our midfield will do better than it has done recently. Thank god Lampard will be fit. Defence has looked very shaky as well. We're going to miss Ashley Cole who is a better defender than Zhirkov. But with Drogba upfront we've always got a chance...

Sciatika   

Manuel Mejuto González is the referee.

He's the one that gifted the free kick to the Italians that they scored from against Scotland in the Euros. I checked his Wiki and, apparently, he also killed off Sweden's qualification to the WC in the summer by disallowing goals for offences he didn't see, but its on Wiki so it might not be true. Same lineup as already stated. I think we will go with the same approach as we used in the Nou Camp last year, but hopefully we can nick an away goal this time.

I checked his Wiki and, apparently, he also killed off Sweden's qualification to the WC in the summer by disallowing goals for offences he didn't see, but its on Wiki so it might not be true.

It's true. It was against Denmark away and it was a big thing in the Swedish press given the fact that we lost a place in the WC due to the mistakes... But all in all I blame the linesman more than Mr Manuel Mejuto González. After all it was the lino who disallowed both goals.