• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluebottle

Man U Away - Getting To Old Trafford

Just got my tickets to Man U away!

Wondering if anyone who's been up there before can give me some advice on getting to the stadium. I'm on a train getting into Manchester Piccadilly at 11am.

What's the best way to get to the ground? There is bus/tram/train but I've read in different places that all will be horrendously busy... So which is best?

And is there any special advice for away fans? Do we need to be there early or anything?

Wondering if anyone who's been up there before can give me some advice on getting to the stadium. I'm on a train getting into Manchester Piccadilly at 11am.

What's the best way to get to the ground? There is bus/tram/train but I've read in different places that all will be horrendously busy... So which is best?

And is there any special advice for away fans? Do we need to be there early or anything?

Taxi was £10 last year. Got the train from the station right outside the away end on the way back. Horrendously busy, but better than waiting horrendously long for a cab

darbo92   

went a few seasons ago when we lost 3-0

it's not difficult from Manchester piccadilly just walk out the station and along the highstreet futher up there is a stop where you can get on the tram where quite a few fans normally get on buy a return tram ticket from there, the tram will take you to old trafford get off and walk past the cricket ground and straight down the road and you will see old trafford

Thanks - a bit nervous as I only have 1.5 hours to get to the game and 1.5 hours to get back from the game to the station - but figure if I can't get a train/tram I'll walk it...

darbo92   

Do you have to pay for the train between piccadilly and old trafford or can you just jump on?

you have to pay as on the way back they actually check tickets, well they did in my experience.

WPAULWIN   

Thanks - a bit nervous as I only have 1.5 hours to get to the game and 1.5 hours to get back from the game to the station - but figure if I can't get a train/tram I'll walk it...

http://www.gmpte.com/journey_planning/network_maps.cfm

You should be fine mate

when we've been in the past we got on the tram from P'dilly station (buy a return) and get a tram to either Exchange Quay or Pomona (you can get another line and get off at Old Trafford.) Going back there will be a q, but the trams run every 10/20 mins. _ see the link

Somebody else has mentioned the little station outside the away end - if it running it will get you to P'Dilly in less than 30 mins ..... if the train is not running buses are laid on back to the centre centre. - me and my son are aiming for the 3.55 P'Dilly -Euston.

If you want to meet up at P'Dilly and travel with us PM me

Mus   

What happens at the end of the game...are away fans kept back for awhile? Seemed to be at least half an hour for the scousers yesterday. I've been told you don't want to be a straggler on your own getting back to the city centre.

Bought a ticket last Tuesday...still waiting for it to arrive.

What happens at the end of the game...are away fans kept back for awhile? Seemed to be at least half an hour for the scousers yesterday. I've been told you don't want to be a straggler on your own getting back to the city centre.

Bought a ticket last Tuesday...still waiting for it to arrive.

Scousers get held because they only have to go back to liverpool. It wouldn't be fair to hold us seeing as we have to go a lot further.

Mus   

Was simples in the end. Train from Piccadilly platform 14 straight to MUFC station. 3 trains laid on there and back. Going was crowded, coming back there were loads of seats. I thought the policing was appropriately low key as well as I didn't know what to expect.