• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karan

Live Match Thread: Chelsea Vs Internazionale

Karan   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Champions League Round of 16, Second Leg match against Internazionale Milano, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is on at 1945hrs, Tuesday, 16th March 2010, at Stamford Bridge.

IMPORTANT: Stream Information Thread

Internazionale lead 2-1 on Aggregate.

Karan   

A special one's return. Hopefully its a special sendoff as well (you know what I mean).

I have a small suspicion that Cech may be available. Plus there's a choice to be made between Carvalho and Alex.

My prefered lineup:

Cech/Turnbull

Ivanovic - Alex/Carvalho - Terry - Zhirkov

Ballack - Mikel - Lampard

Anelka - Malouda

Drogba

Subs: Taylor/Turnbull, Carvalho/Alex, Belletti, Deco, Kalou, J.Cole, Sturridge

I reckon the atmosphere will be excellent. It always is in these types of edgy games - full of anxiety. I reckon we'll have to be very patient in this one - though a fast start may not be too bad either.

I have a small suspicion that Cech may be available. Plus there's a choice to be made between Carvalho and Alex.

If it is a torn calf injury, then there is a risk that it will tear again if he returns too quickly. That is what I remember from mine - though I have no doubt that Cech will get checked by ultrasound on a near daily basis so they should know how quickly it is healing. I also remember that it was very very painful at first.

I feel pretty sure that Riccy will play against Inter.

So your line up with Hilario/Turnbull and RC.

I thought we shaped up with a diamond on Saturday, but the inept performance by Spector lead to Malouda playing pretty much full time on him.

I just hope that if Kalou playes he plays as he did against Stoke - forward or wide, committing a defender. When he did this at the San Siro we had 3 or 4 great chances, But if he spends most of the game again repeating the appalling playmaker performance we saw in the first leg we can forget it.

10 of our players are a class above their equivalents in the Inter team - and it showed at times in the first leg. But if JM tweaks things so that most of our possession is squandered by players who should (shouldn't even?) be on the bench and CA fails to adapt to that, then it will be v tough again.

hanuma   

Ivanovic - Carvalho - Terry - Zhirkov

Anelka - Malouda

Drogba

Subs: Alex, Belletti, Deco, Kalou, J.Cole, Sturridge

Paulo over Zhirkov, and obv. Carvalho over Alex. To my mind Paulo played a big part in Malouda's performance at the weekend and has been very good since starting as our LB.

If Cech isn't fit, we may as well play Ivanovich as rush goalie.

But if JM tweaks things so that most of our possession is squandered by players who should (shouldn't even?) be on the bench and CA fails to adapt to that, then it will be v tough again.
Agreed, but with the above lineup that obv. won't be possible and we can win this by 2 or 3 if we get reasonable luck.

yugam   

Paulo over Zhirkov, and obv. Carvalho over Alex. To my mind Paulo played a big part in Malouda's performance at the weekend and has been very good since starting as our LB.

Paulo isn't available for the Champions League.

Codger   

I'm struggling to think of a time I've wanted us to batter a team more than I want to send Mourinho home with his tail between his legs this time.

All the fanboys on here love him for the way he manipulates the press, but when he has one of the nastiest little digs I've even seen in football at our own club, nobody says a word. He needs to STFU or spill the beans and get it out in the open. I'd prefer we shut him up, frankly.

I enjoyed his time here, more than most as it happens since I enjoy that 'style' of football, but that was then, and this is now. He's said many times he chose to leave, so perhaps he should just shut up about it now.

Vinod   

God, I hope we win this one! It looked so comfortable when we had lots of possession in the first leg. However, as with Barca, it is useless if we cannot get goals. That is exactly what the players must guard against. Really need Malouda and Anelka to be on top form.

Ivanovic - Carvalho - Terry - Zhirkov

Anelka - Malouda

Drogba

Subs: Alex, Belletti, Deco, Kalou, J.Cole, Sturridge

All the fanboys on here love him for the way he manipulates the press, but when he has one of the nastiest little digs I've even seen in football at our own club, nobody says a word. He needs to STFU or spill the beans and get it out in the open. I'd prefer we shut him up, frankly.

I think I missed this. What did he say? Something about the team being his?