• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blueallthru

Michael Essien

With all this summer transfer talk I was wondering what people would think about Michael Essien. Weren't there rumours earlier this season linking him with us? He is only 22 and a right sided player. He has been doing extremely well at Lyon this year and could make an impact for us straight away. I have only watched Lyon a couple of times this year and was really impressed with what I saw.

Just wondering what everyone thinks. I just feel that Kaka and Adriano are out of reach. Both play for Italian giants and I just don't see them leaving Italy. With the cash we can get for Crespo we can spend on Essien. To me this seems like a great transfer and could be made without RA forking over cash. This would mean that someone in the midfield are on the way out and I am assuming Geremi is on his way out. Essien is a real talent and will probably be the Ligue 1 player of the year.

its an interesting shout, I have only seen him play a couple times and I got the impression he is a central player which I don't think we need if he can play wide right then I would go for it as we need IMO, another pacey wide midfeilder

He's an attacking midfielder, not a holding player Dan. He is very good perhaps too good for Lyon to hold on to him, but he wouldn't replace Lampard isn't a winger and we certainly don't need somebosy else to compete for the Tiago/Jarosik/Parker/Smertin/Gudjohnson/Cole position.

oblue   

I've just been out to Ghana and they rate this guy as thier best ever player (above Abedi Pele) already, at such a young age. Have seen a lot of him in the Champions league and he looks class. He's good on the ball but there is definitely room for improvement. He's a box to box midfielder who would be perfect for the third midfielder role as he does his share of defending. He's also very good in the air(as Jose likes) and scores quite a few goals as well. He speaks English and is young, to me he's the perfect signing-not an established star, someone Jose can mould into a truely world class player. £18m seems a lot though.

What's the point in buying him?

Why don't we just buy everyone in the world and then celebrate as League Champions with a Banner saying 'Who's the daddy? Jose etc etc.'

Surely the daddy is Ambramovich?!?!?!?!

I'm suprised he's not tried to buy the Premiership as well!

The only midfielder we need is a RIGHT WINGER.

Please no more 'third' man midfielders! - Unless you want to get GERRARD to replace Tiago, Smertin, Jarosik, Geremi etc...