• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sleeping Dave

Tomas Kalas

"Chelsea are reported to have snapped up teenage centre-back Tomas Kalas from Sigma Olomouc. The Blues are just one of a number of clubs to have been tracking the 17-year-old stopper, and are believed to have won the race for his signature. Juventus, Inter Milan and Bayern Munich have all expressed an interest in the promising Czech over recent weeks, while Bayer Leverkusen thought they had reached an agreement at one stage.

However, the situation has developed further since then, with Arsenal and Chelsea having joined the hunt. Arsene Wenger is reported to have spoken to Kalas personally in effort to tempt him to Emirates Stadium, with their reputation for nurturing young talent well known. It appears, though, as if the Gunners have been pipped by their Premier League rivals.

Reports in the Czech Republic claim Chelsea have paid £5million to land the youngster, but are not prepared to publicly announce the signing just yet."

Does anyone know anything about this player? Sky Sports understands that the player will return to Sigma Olomouc for a 12-month loan deal before joining with Chelsea in the summer of 2011.

Full story here.

Player profile.

Ah. Oh well. It was "hidden" in that thread "young players we should sign"... This is apparently a "young player we have signed" - if the report is to be believed.

cii99mn1   
Guardian claims we have signed this bloke. Who is he? How come I haven't read about him in the transfer forums..? Or heard about him in any transfer rumours? Or have I?

Guardian claims we have signed this bloke. Who is he? How come I haven't read about him in the transfer forums..? Or heard about him in any transfer rumours? Or have I?

He'll be an academy player.

Read more about the signing here http://thechels.net/2010/07/blues-capture-kalas/

And for more Reserve and Youth team discussion go here.

blizeH   

Know very little about this guy so not really in a position to comment, but I am surprised by the transfer fee being banded about, especially since we've recently signed Delac.

But either way, it is exciting to have such highly rated young goalkeepers at the club, and it'll be interesting to see if either of them can break through into the first team.

Juni   

Know very little about this guy so not really in a position to comment, but I am surprised by the transfer fee being banded about, especially since we've recently signed Delac.

But either way, it is exciting to have such highly rated young goalkeepers at the club, and it'll be interesting to see if either of them can break through into the first team.

He's a centre back, not a goalie.