• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Ajax 3 - Chelsea 1

Sir   

Game number two of pre-season starts away at Ajax

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the pre-season match against Ajax, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 1700hrs, Friday, 23rd July 2010, at the Amsterdam Arena

Important stream info

Cameron   

Suppose it'll be a bigger test for the younger players, I wonder how many of the 17/18 yr olds that came off the sub bench are travelling too.

Hope to see Benayoun play.

Sir   

Some reports are saying that Petr Cech will miss the start of the season.

Which sources? I thought it was confirmed that he was just subbed off at the half hour mark so as to give each goalkeeper 30 minutes.

Sir   

Chelsea FC

It was another busy day for the lads at Cobham today, though Petr Cech had to leave the action early with a calf problem.

The goalkeeper, 28, went for a scan on the injury this afternoon, and we are currently awaiting the results.

There was some good news however, as Yury Zhirkov trained outside on his own with a fitness coach for the first time, undergoing a series of sprints and shuttles before enjoying some ballwork. It is hoped he will be back in full training shortly as he recovers from a knee injury.

Confirmation of the injury here, but sources are saying he may miss the start of the season. I also put this in the injury section.

Which sources?

It's everywhere mate. Nothing "officially" confirmed though but it does look like he is missing the start of the season. Talk is 4-6 weeks out. Not what we needed at this stage is it?