Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Other Clubs Transfers

0 posts in this topic

Can't find another topic like this ???

Any one a bit surprised, that Eduardo went to Shakhtar Donetsk, and for only 6 million pounds ??? I mean christ I would easily accept him at Chelsea, quality footballer!

That is the way it has gone at Chelsea. We'd rather pay £10m for a top class back up FB who won't make the bench than £6m for an OK-ish striker who would be good enough not just to sit on the bench, but get off it from time to time. Result - Ferreira, Belletti, Ivanovic and Zhirkov kick their bloody good heels to little purpose while Kalou and Sturridge are the back up strikers and DD and Anelka play 180 mins between them pretty much every match.

Time was when Robben or Crespo was on our bench - back in the good old days when the manager picked a squad rather than a team picked value players.

What examples have you got of us spending £10m on a 'top class' full back that wouldn't make the bench?

Kalou's probably had a far greater influence in the last few years at Chelsea than Eduardo at Arsenal too.

What examples have you got of us spending £10m on a 'top class' full back that wouldn't make the bench?

Kalou's probably had a far greater influence in the last few years at Chelsea than Eduardo at Arsenal too.

You mean apart from the 4 expensive FBs I mentioned?

Certainly Kalou became the forgotten man last season. Disastrous season and never been picked so little. As for influence - when was the last time he helped us win a serious match? There is no comparison with a fit Eduardo.

eh, its easy to to attack the clubs transfer policy with that fm point of view, as far as Kalou vs eduardo is concerned they are totally different players, I dont know why you need to bring up the comparison - chelsea doesn't put little empty stars besides their names and say

"k if we let this guy play so many minutes and train him in this specific way, this amount of stars will fill up and we'll be able to sell him to real for £100 million"

"but what if real needs him to play in a position he is rubbish in?"

"dont worry every red dot can become a green dot with enough practise"

as for the ivanovic, Ferreira, belleti and zhirkov thing

besides belleti, which one of those do you feel was unneeded/unimportant/directly harmful in our double pursuit last season?

as for the ivanovic, Ferreira, belleti and zhirkov thing

besides belleti, which one of those do you feel was unneeded/unimportant/directly harmful in our double pursuit last season?

Didn't understand the first bit.

I didn't say that those players were a handicap. Just that there was a very clear need for a 3rd striker that CA was willing to put on as sub - an Eduardo if you like. Having all those FBs is like having BMWs for your 2nd and 3rd cars when you are still living in a caravan.

You mean apart from the 4 expensive FBs I mentioned?

Certainly Kalou became the forgotten man last season. Disastrous season and never been picked so little. As for influence - when was the last time he helped us win a serious match? There is no comparison with a fit Eduardo.

Ferreira came to be first choice, not a back up player that wouldn't make the bench. Belleti then came to be first choice too (and his price wasn't quoted anywhere near £10m). Zhirkov is a player that easily gets on our bench and is more versatile than just an expensive full back.

A serious match? What, are some fixtures silly and not serious in your view? I don't know which ones they are. Has Eduardo ever scored 10 goals in a season for Arsenal? The amount Kalou consistently hits for Chelsea despite often being played in a wide position. Is the Stoke City game or Liverpool game at the end of last season serious enough for you? Or are they too far back?

Ferreira came to be first choice, not a back up player that wouldn't make the bench. Belleti then came to be first choice too (and his price wasn't quoted anywhere near £10m). Zhirkov is a player that easily gets on our bench and is more versatile than just an expensive full back.

A serious match? What, are some fixtures silly and not serious in your view? I don't know which ones they are. Has Eduardo ever scored 10 goals in a season for Arsenal? The amount Kalou consistently hits for Chelsea despite often being played in a wide position. Is the Stoke City game or Liverpool game at the end of last season serious enough for you? Or are they too far back?

On the first part - there is no point blaming me for your failure to read my original post.

On the second - yes of course CC cup games aren't serious. And scoring a hattrick in a game we win by 7-odd is no big deal either.

Eduardo scores on a more regular basis that Kalou, scores in games won by closer margins, does not normally play as lead striker , and has talent. Kalou had a very very poor season, even by his standards.

Time you picked your arguments on the basis of common sense rather than who you'd like to disagree with.

Barcelona have signed Adriano Correia from Sevilla to replace Y.Toure, good signing imo, they are going to be the team to beat next season in the champions league, especially with their front three of Messi, Villa and Pedro UNBELIEVABLE!!!

On the first part - there is no point blaming me for your failure to read my original post.

On the second - yes of course CC cup games aren't serious. And scoring a hattrick in a game we win by 7-odd is no big deal either.

Eduardo scores on a more regular basis that Kalou, scores in games won by closer margins, does not normally play as lead striker , and has talent. Kalou had a very very poor season, even by his standards.

Time you picked your arguments on the basis of common sense rather than who you'd like to disagree with.

'We'd rather pay £10m for a top class back up FB who won't make the bench' is the bit I can't agree with, rather than spending spending money on an OKish striker? (Kalou is more than okay anyway.)

If they aren't serious what have our best players been doing frequently playing in the latter stages? Should everyone just go home and not bother with it? It's not seen in the same light as the three other trophies, but it's one I still see as serious and wouldn't want to be chucked away. Do you just wipe off everything Kalou does?

I wouldn't go that far at all. I wouldn't like to disagree with you, just half the stuff you type up is quite easy to disagree with.