• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFC-4-LIFE

Wigan

hi I'm going to wigan and chelsea with my friend very soon, I live in the north west anyway and I've been to the DW stadium before but my friend wants to go to the pub before the game, however I dont think there is anything near the stadium, so is there anything near the DW stadium like shops or pubs?

Cal   

There's a shopping park right by the stadium, and a pub pretty much outside the ground.

Sure you've been before?

I'm travelling on the club's train for this one. Anybody know if it's essential to have my ticket with me to board the train. My mate's got the tickets and he lives in the midlands, so it's a bit impractical. Can I not just take my photo I.D and membership?

yes I have I've been to see the rugby but I've never like stopped outside to look around I've just gone straight into the stadium, so I've never actually seen anything outside the DW stadium before

I'm travelling on the club's train for this one. Anybody know if it's essential to have my ticket with me to board the train. My mate's got the tickets and he lives in the midlands, so it's a bit impractical. Can I not just take my photo I.D and membership?

The Thomas Cook website says:

"Train places are available to Chelsea Season Ticket Holders and Members in possession of an official match ticket purchased from the Chelsea Box office. You will be asked to present your season ticket or membership at the station along with photo ID."

...Which I guess isn't completely clear one way or the other with regards to the match ticket. :-/

Speaking of the train - have you had confirmation from Thomas Cook that you got a seat yet? I got the initial "acknowledgement of booking request" email when I made the order, but haven't had the confirmation through email/post that I should supposedly get, and it's been a week now.

The Thomas Cook website says:

"Train places are available to Chelsea Season Ticket Holders and Members in possession of an official match ticket purchased from the Chelsea Box office. You will be asked to present your season ticket or membership at the station along with photo ID."

...Which I guess isn't completely clear one way or the other with regards to the match ticket. :-/

Speaking of the train - have you had confirmation from Thomas Cook that you got a seat yet? I got the initial "acknowledgement of booking request" email when I made the order, but haven't had the confirmation through email/post that I should supposedly get, and it's been a week now.

Thanks for that mate. I was just a bit unsure about it. Yeah I recieved my confirmation a few hours after I booked. I'd give them a ring tomorrow If I were you.

Thanks for that mate. I was just a bit unsure about it. Yeah I recieved my confirmation a few hours after I booked. I'd give them a ring tomorrow If I were you.

When I have been on the train, they ask for your train ticket & ST/Membership. Never asked for match ticket before but you never know.

Just got an email saying that the chartered train has been canceled due to insufficient demand.

This was one of the things I asked Thomas Cook about last week when I called them to check the status of the whole thing. "Oh sure it'll certainly go ahead," they said. Now I have to buy normal train tickets at what are presumably higher prices than I could have got two weeks ago when I made the Thomas Cook booking.

*insert explicative here*

Edit: (Got a day return for £43.70 in the end, which isn't too bad really. Would be more painful if I didn't still have a YP Railcard though...)