Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DDRickyDD

Non Chelsea: League Football.

231 posts in this topic

What does everyone think about the first day? All the promotion favourites (Middlesbrough, Notts Forest, Preston, Leicester, etc) lost. So who do you think is going to be promoted? I think Notts Forest, Middlesbrough and Preston. With Sc**tphorpe, Barnsley and Leeds relegated.

I think Leeds will do ok. Derby I think are going to be interesting to watch this year. I'm not convinced they're strong enough to push for automatic promotion but I think that if you're looking at playoffs, they're going to be there or thereabouts - assuming they hold on to key players like Hulse and Commons.

Schmeichel was fantastic for Leeds today though - I was very impressed by the young lad. They'll probably take some time to settle but they'll survive in the League.

Over the years, I've gotten used to not taking the first day to mean anything. The main reason everyone fancies Boro, I think, is just because they were a Premiership club. Personally, I don't see much in their play last season that convinces me they can do it.

Preston is an interesting shout. And Forest is one that I could see. I'd love to see a bit of decent rivalry amongst the promotion contenders so I am really hoping that both Derby and Forest are there towards the end of the season.

For me, Hull will be there or thereabouts. They have the best CB pairing in the league in Gardner and Zayatte, and expierience in other areas, like Solano and Ashbee. Cairney is another young player to watch. Did very well in his league outings last season, including against us.

I don't fancy any of the 3 teams that were relegated from the Prem last term to get back up. My tips are Forest, Cardiff and WhoPR.

I don't fancy any of the 3 teams that were relegated from the Prem last term to get back up. My tips are Forest, Cardiff and WhoPR.

Forest will win the league but the other two won't be anywhere near the top 6. QPR are not good enough and Cardiff are in massive debt. Out the three teams that have been promoted Hull will do the best, they will finish around 5th or 6th. Burnley will finish about 15th. Portsmouth around 20th.

You can't really judge a team on two games. It's a 46 games season.

I also don't understand why people say Boro are one of the favourites. They were rubbish last year, and as far as I'm concerned replacing Gareth Southgate with that overwrought muppet Gordon Strachan was a mistake, Boro were 2nd when they sacked Southgate and under Strachan finished mid-table. And we've already had 2 managerial casualties, Steve Coppell walking out of Bristol City and yesterday Kevin Blackwell was sacked by Sheffield Utd.

Agreed on Boro. With Adam Johnson gone hey fell off, and finished mid table. See no reason whatsoever for them to do any better at all this season. They are just plain sh!t. Think it is a bit bias thinking by our Preston supporting friend here thinking that they`ll go up;) No offence mate, but you lot had a few shots and blew it in some earlier years. cardiff and Swansea will block your way for play off places. As for the bottom, Leeds are a very good side, too good for relegation I think in the end. I would wish for them to get back for a season or two, so we can smash them and then let them go back down. They came to town few weeks ago for a pre season playing SK Brann and won 3-1 against their reserves and on trial players mixed with Brann`s feeder club Løv Ham`s most talented youngsters. FFS maybe 4-5 players out there might actually have played a game of importance for Brann. And Leeds of course bragged about humiliating them lol. Lloyd Sam do seem like a decent buy for them though.

Going up; Nottingham. Hull and Cardiff to fight for second. Belive 100% only in Forest. Swansea will be in play off area lurking with Preston and Palace maybe. Seen that they were quite good last seaosn before they had to sell Moses etc. Don`t know know how they`ll cope with hte debt. If they cope well, they`ll be up there in top 8.

going down; Scunthorpe not good enough to stay up. Straight down. Barnsley too. Hope QPR because they annoy me. But tha is more hope than realism. They`ll end of mid table I think. So leave the last relegation spot open.

A brilliant performance today from promotion hopefuls Preston, they completley bossed the game today and the 1-0 scorline flattered last seasons FA Cup Finalists Portsmouth. It could quite easily have been 5 or 6.