• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

No point giving him a break now. Barely 10-12 games left. He might as well play and get used to the style of Chelsea. Only thing is, hope Ancelotti and his team mates are talking to him frequently and lifting the pressure off him. He looks like a shy and quiet guy. He is mentally strong. Just needs to hang in there. This visit to Spain would have done him some good. Yossi's return will surely make him feel better on a personal level. Always helps when you've a familiar face in a new environment. He will surely start banging them in. We should have shown similar trust in Shevchenko. I still think he'd have come good.

Agree, time off isn't an option. Who would have thought Yossi would be his savior? I hope he scores soon.

Like I said, Yossi is saviour coz of personal reasons. Yossi speaks Spanish, they're good friends off the field and they know each other's game well enough. Yossi might not play much but can help him settle faster.

Sir   

Like I said, Yossi is saviour coz of personal reasons. Yossi speaks Spanish, they're good friends off the field and they know each other's game well enough. Yossi might not play much but can help him settle faster.

What does Yossi speaking Spanish have to do with anything?

I just have a gut feeling that Wales are going to beat England today, you just know it's going to happen don't you.

What does Yossi speaking Spanish have to do with anything?

English isn't his first language. You'd not have an idea but in an unfamiliar environment, it helps when you've someone to talk to and express yourself. It'll help him settle faster. I believe his wife and kids are still in Liverpool. It's all a thing of the mind. Like I said, he only has to untie knots in his mind. Lack of confidence is just a symptom. He was unhappy at Liverpool but his scoring had not deserted him. See his Blackpool goal in Jan. His problem here is way different from that in Liverpool. People still don't notice it.

Just wondering if anyone watched the Spain-Czech Republic match? Torres played for 45 minutes but was apparently unimpressive, but the way the media's been criticizing his performances at Chelsea recently, I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

Just wondering if anyone watched the Spain-Czech Republic match? Torres played for 45 minutes but was apparently unimpressive, but the way the media's been criticizing his performances at Chelsea recently, I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

Read the series of posts above. All discussion about Torres and the match.

Liverlad   

Why is this group of England players referred to as 'the golden generation'? I know that there are some injury problems, but even if you wrote down the best squad possible, its probably the worst for years. Look at the Euro 96 squad compared to what we have now. Far better. You look at the English players who played in the 90s and were awesome in the Premier League who didn't get many caps because of the competition there was. Especially stark differences between the goalkeeper and striker options then compared to now.