• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

Jasonb   
22 hours ago, JaneB said:

I'm getting worried (or actually I'm not)……………..far more excited about England beating the Aussies in the RWC than I ever am about England winning at football.

Don't understand the rules but find internationals exciting to watch, love the refereeing and as for some of the men who play...……….wowee!!!!

Yes by beating the Aussies we have beaten top opposition convincingly it's while since the England football team did that.

Don't think we will beat the Kiwi's though it should be a good match.

47 minutes ago, Jasonb said:

Yes by beating the Aussies we have beaten top opposition convincingly it's while since the England football team did that.

Lets face it we only face top opposition in competition once every other year in football.

About 5 mins to go, 40--16 up and an Aussie try gets disallowed - a massive cheer from me, it still mattered.

VAR works a bit different on the Rugby.  For that decision the ref asked to look at 2 flat passes in the build up.  The second was blatantly forward.  The VAR box and their screens are shown on the tele, and the ref watches the massive screens up for the matchgoers (unlike football where match goers don't see anything).
VAR ref:  "both those passes are good in my view"
Ref:  NO I think the 2nd pass is definitely forward, no try.

So the Ref over-ruled VAR, which surely can happen in football but never does.  
Sky soccer saturday a few weeks ago were talking about who does the VAR.  In Cricket and Rugby it seems that the big name refs are on the field and a lesser name is in the tin can.  In football it is generally the other way around, big names in the tin can, a lesser ref on the pitch - no surprise then that in football the VAR guy is never over-ruled by the man with the whistle.