• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

chara   
2 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I’ve tried to think about what you may be referring to here, but can’t.

What do you mean?  What are the similarities?

Far be it for me to answer for Droy but I took it to mean "Is Frank (as Southgate appears to be)going to be a forever man introducing new/young players without actually making real progress?"

My view is..as ever...lets hold judgement as to where Chelsea are heading until the end of this season and even then we should keep a  sense of perspectiveand even then it is still early in the rebuild.to make a definitive call....caution is advised!

As for the National side....it's rinse and repeat........How many of the present squad would challenge any past top English International player of any era?..or perhaps a better question.."Who would get into a top English squad of any era?"

I see once again Sterling has withdrawn from the England game along with Henderson, yet Chilwell is still there...

isn't it about time our players go down with little injuries and withdraw from these friendlies and dead rubbers?

(bet they play for their clubs at the weekend)

chara   
1 hour ago, Never happy said:

I see once again Sterling has withdrawn from the England game along with Henderson, yet Chilwell is still there...

isn't it about time our players go down with little injuries and withdraw from these friendlies and dead rubbers?

(bet they play for their clubs at the weekend)

Only a rare cynic on here would take that line of thought!

Good sign?....Chilwell still there so injury minor?

When was the last time England started with just one black player?  A long time ago I guess.  
(Not counting Kyle Walker - not with tattoos that clear).
Just curious.

And Germany lose - lucky they weren't playing the whole of Macedonia as they used to say about Wales and W Samoa.

Liam w   

At halftime tonight both Lukaku and Werner have both scored in their respective games....come on Mason boy make it a hatrick

• Like 1

Liam w   

Mount had a brilliant game, an assist and he made the chance for sterlins assist.

As much as I hate him sterlin was my MOTM. He was really good on the ball and a real professional performance in the face of adversity from some deplorable behaviour from the Hungarian stands

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Liam w said:

As much as I hate him sterlin was my MOTM. He was really good on the ball and a real professional performance in the face of adversity from some deplorable behaviour from the Hungarian stands

The behaviour as stated was deplorable, the same countries fans are on a 3 game stadium ban by UEFA, for guess what…………………..the same racist behaviour. 

However because the World Cup is a FIFA sanctioned tournament, the ban doesn’t apply. You really struggle to rationalise this sort of decision from organisations that lecture us all on how others should embrace the anti-racism ‘messages’ they say they send out and then basically condone racism by allowing fans in last night. Quelle surprise, they do the same again. 

FIFA, UEFA = Completely corrupt, both morally and commercially, the latter probably the real reason for the decision to let fans in at last night’s game.  

Jasonb   
13 hours ago, Liam w said:

Mount had a brilliant game, an assist and he made the chance for sterlins assist.

Looked at the BBC and they rated Phillips more highly than Mount.

Dad's Daily Mail has Mount rated the highest bar Sterling saying Mount was quality on the ball. Only watched the highlights yet he did look good.

Lukaku scored two decent goals as well, one very opportunist yet finished well.

Kane should have scored more yesterday he had several good chances.

4 hours ago, East Lower said:

However because the World Cup is a FIFA sanctioned tournament, the ban doesn’t apply. You really struggle to rationalise this sort of decision from organisations that lecture us all on how others should embrace the anti-racism ‘messages’ they say they send out and then basically condone racism by allowing fans in last night. Quelle surprise, they do the same again. 

You hit two nails on the head there.
There is a frustration here in the UK from being told what to do.
But the frustration in Hungary is many times greater.  I suspect it is an "up yours Delors" Brexit type of protest, has little to do with any racism, but much more about the EU telling Hungary it can't put up borders to immigrants. 

Ham   
57 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

You hit two nails on the head there.
There is a frustration here in the UK from being told what to do.
But the frustration in Hungary is many times greater.  I suspect it is an "up yours Delors" Brexit type of protest, has little to do with any racism, but much more about the EU telling Hungary it can't put up borders to immigrants. 

Doesn't explain why they were only booing the black players. No Afghani born players in our team. Looked like straight up, anti black racism to me.