• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

Ruudboy   
9 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

You'll have a hard time trying to categorise me.

Can we get back to football, please?

Ruudboy   

Well, that is natural, wouldn't you say? But there is no point raising something which is well known, is there? And racism is nothing to do with international football, which is the purported title of this forum. Or at least it should not be. So perhaps we can move it elsewhere?

chara   
5 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Well, that is natural, wouldn't you say? But there is no point raising something which is well known, is there? And racism is nothing to do with international football, which is the purported title of this forum. Or at least it should not be. So perhaps we can move it elsewhere?

probably not quite the right place but whilst I admit to Blue Eyes watching England I am still a bit bemused/amused by the praise for the Great JG..who I thought had a good game but not of any great level and just part of a very competant team effort whilst our lad Mason worked his socks (tidily pulled up!} off and like other games seemed to constantly be free in space calling for the ball only to be ignored for the most part.

The cross from Mason for Sterling's goal was attributed to the skill of JG and Mason's busting a gut to get clear for the pass and centre somewhat understated generally.

4-0  flattered Hungary as Kane and Sterling missed one on one chances that should have been converted but all in all I enjoyed the game a tad more than the Euros.

2 hours ago, chara said:

your lad Mason worked his socks (tidily pulled up!} off and like other games seemed to constantly be free in space calling for the ball only to be ignored for the most part.

Same throughout the Euro's too.

Mind you everyone knows Lamps wasn't as good as Rio and JT wasn't a patch on Ledley King .

chara   
29 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Same throughout the Euro's too.

Mind you everyone knows Lamps wasn't as good as Rio and JT wasn't a patch on Ledley King .

I guess nothing changes..once the Media "annoints" a player he stays annointed.....in fairness I did see a mention or two of JG's obligitory "going to ground."

The ref was having none of it and generally ignored many an "outraged" scream trying to keep the game going..the glaring miss of course was Rice's challenge/assault...glad he didn't get a rc but he was a lucky lad.In Chelsea Blue rather than the strange England blue polo shirts he would have walked and kept on walking all week in the media.

Sciatika   
20 hours ago, Ruudboy said:

Can we get back to football, please?

Never left it. I am looking forward to three points when Chelsea Women take apart Arsenal tomorrow.

Sciatika   

Billy Gilmour given MotM by BBC and most others effusive in praise:

"Gilmour was again hugely impressive in the heart of Scotland’s midfield. The 20-year-old, making only his fifth international appearance, always demanded the ball, always showed for it and always found space to dictate play." (The Guardian)

chara   
7 hours ago, Sciatika said:

Billy Gilmour given MotM by BBC and most others effusive in praise:

"Gilmour was again hugely impressive in the heart of Scotland’s midfield. The 20-year-old, making only his fifth international appearance, always demanded the ball, always showed for it and always found space to dictate play." (The Guardian)

Saw that and was of course pleased for the lad BUT he is among the media chosen ones at this time..not anointed as yet ..he is Chelsea after all.......not trying to take anything away from our Billy as I like him and have great hopes regarding his progress......JG of course was given great praise for a good but not spectacular game but I did read a line or two hidden suggesting..horror!....that he wasn't the game saver/changer but just part of a good team effort.

Playing for Scotland or Wales gives the media a chance to praise Chelsea youngsters and give a dig at Chelsea suggesting they are being mishandled by Chelsea.

On to the mighty someone today.....makes a mockery of the WC process and when will the process include smaller nations in a qualifying grouping...that would ease the burden on the top players who have a grinding season without the WC,

I played football with a Gibralter International player... a very good Sunday top league player and having watched,albeit some years ago, Gib local football it is a ridiculous state of affairs to pit such teams against the top footballing nations...... could it be money influencing things?.....whoops...can't be..it's the Romance of the (W) Cup.

Apologies for any implied political content,

Rob B   

This game against Andorra would have been ideal for Chilwell to get 60 or 70 mins.  Christ only knows why he’s playing Trippier as a LWB.   At least Reece is starting though…