• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

Yes. Sober, and with both eyes open, as it happens.

Considering your location is Australia, the match would have been on in the early hours Australian time so perhaps you were tired and didn't watch the match properly.

Yes. Poor decision - that was one. And that alone didn't cost England the result. Dreadful tactics, eccentric player selection, and poor performances from the key players however, did.

One decision that would have completely changed the match. If it had been 2-2 at Half-Time the German team would be totally demoralized and we wouldn't have had to chase the game.

We 'dominated' Germany? This is a gee-up, right? If Germany had got any 'luckier' they may have scored 6.

By the way, you don't get any points for hitting the post.

Germany didn't create much at all. They only scored four becuase we had to chase the game.

There have been many ludicrous comments and claims made on these forums over the years, but this one is worthy of an award. Risible.

I think your jealous becuase England got to the last 16 and Australia didn't get past the group. Plus England beat Australia in the Ashes last summer and beat you in the last Rugby Union World Cup. It's a good job, for your sake that we don't play Aussie Rules!

Considering your location is Australia, the match would have been on in the early hours Australian time so perhaps you were tired and didn't watch the match properly.

Yes, that must have been it. Right now I'm getting tired, but it has nothing to do with the time.

One decision that would have completely changed the match. If it had been 2-2 at Half-Time the German team would be totally demoralized and we wouldn't have had to chase the game.

Ahh, ha, ha, ha! You've got to be kidding (yourself, anyway). Absolutely desperate.

Germany didn't create much at all. They only scored four becuase we had to chase the game.

They only scored 4 because.........they were able to put the ball in the back of the net 4 times (that's the way it usually works, by the way) - mainly due to England's appalling defending. Had England been able to do likewise, then they wouldn't have headed home as failures (again).

I think your jealous becuase England got to the last 16 and Australia didn't get past the group. Plus England beat Australia in the Ashes last summer and beat you in the last Rugby Union World Cup. It's a good job, for your sake that we don't play Aussie Rules!

Yes, that must be it. Shame all that cutting wit was wasted though. You see, I'm Welsh and just happen to live in Australia, couldn't give a flying f**k about cricket, and don't follow AFL. Oh, didn't think of that? No, you wouldn't.

Instead of whinging about refereeing decisions and absurdly claiming to have been robbed, perhaps you'd be better served by having the good grace, objectivity and sportmanship to simply admit that England weren't good enough - something that was blindingly obvious before they even arrived at the World Cup.

bert19   

Did you watch any games? Did you not the Lampard goal that wasn't given? We hit the post and dominated Germany and they were very, very lucky. We were cheated out and it's as simple as that. :(

Wake up mate. We should have been 4-0 down by the time Upson scored. England were rubbish throughout the World Cup campaign. Germany were ALOT better than us. Regardless of a goal not being given. Granted, the Lampard goal would've changed the game, but it's just plain silly to say that Germany were only lucky that day and we were cheated.

The best team won on the day, simple as that.

Yes, that must have been it. Right now I'm getting tired, but it has nothing to do with the time.

ZING! Put down of the week!

Who'd have thought it? Rooney scores England's first goal tonight. Wonder if those wonderful England "fans" are gonna be booing him for his extra-marital activities? I'd guess not....

Quite the opposite, I think he took a shot, or over hit a pass to Defoe before the goal and we had all the 'Roo-nay, Roo-nay' crap.

wise76   

A beautiful and convincing victory for the French Blues, to be optimistic for the future without necessarily thinking about the return of exiles who were badly marred the national jersey, a great performance from our Florent emphasized.

A beautiful and convincing victory for the French Blues, to be optimistic for the future without necessarily thinking about the return of exiles who were badly marred the national jersey, a great performance from our Florent emphasized.

What's the fan's perspective of the WC revolt over in France? Do they want the big players to come back or do you think France are better off without?

wise76   

What's the fan's perspective of the WC revolt over in France? Do they want the big players to come back or do you think France are better off without?

After the first official match and defeat against Belarus, some fans wondered and hoped the return of exiles, not me, certainly not. Now we have won in Bosnia, and the exiles would be less desirable ... The majority of fans do not want to see Abidal, Evra, Toulalan and Ribery for France I think.

For me it is clear and radical, it must move on and let the new. Whether the guy is very good on the ground, if he has a dirty mind, he must remain at home. There are enough talented French players to a team without having to recall fools out of pure selfishness have sullied our national team.

Great players! I prefer an honest and loyal guy supposed right of a great player without a brain and imbued with his person. I think in terms of class we are on the right track and should be pursued as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing Toulalan back....the others aren't really that important to the team and have better replacements who want to play for their country.

Yes it probably was the reason. Why are you getting tired?

Ahh, ha, ha, ha! You've got to be kidding (yourself, anyway). Absolutely desperate.

How am I desperate? The young German team wouldn't be able to cope knowing they had given a 2-0 lead away in 90 seconds. We would have ripped them apart if that goal had been given.

They only scored 4 because.........they were able to put the ball in the back of the net 4 times (that's the way it usually works, by the way) - mainly due to England's appalling defending. Had England been able to do likewise, then they wouldn't have headed home as failures (again).

England put the ball in the back of the net two times before half-time but the Ref cheated us out of it.

Yes, that must be it. Shame all that cutting wit was wasted though. You see, I'm Welsh and just happen to live in Australia, couldn't give a flying f**k about cricket, and don't follow AFL. Oh, didn't think of that? No, you wouldn't.

Instead of whinging about refereeing decisions and absurdly claiming to have been robbed, perhaps you'd be better served by having the good grace, objectivity and sportmanship to simply admit that England weren't good enough - something that was blindingly obvious before they even arrived at the World Cup.

Well perhaps you were jealous of England becuase Wales didn't qualify for the World Cup and got eliminated in the group stage of the 2007 Rugby World Cup but thanks for saying I've got 'cutting wit'.

Not good enough? you mean the team that won 9 out of 10 qualifying games. Face it, we were cheated out.

Edited by DDRickyDD

England weren't good enough against Germany and to argue otherwise is foolish. Doesn't help when one of your best strikers for England is Emile Heskey. Doesn't help that there's a shallow talent pool for England right now at the moment as well. Or lack a decent DM.