• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

Of course it is ok. Just as long as your club isn't spectacularly more successful than my club. Then it would be wrong.

Love it!

I know he was rightly banned not long after this, but I'd be curious about what he'd be saying today.

Me too. The extent and endless variatons of idiocy is always fascinating.

bert19   

Is it bad to preffer club to country. I'm absolutely slated for having this opinion. I will follow my club to every game but I've actually sort of given up with England now. Obviously would never happen with my club, would still be there if we got relegated etc. Just wondering if anyone else agrees with this.

No mate. It's perfectly sensible - especially if you're country is England and you have to hear/read/watch as much tripe about the national team as we do.

Is it bad to preffer club to country. I'm absolutely slated for having this opinion. I will follow my club to every game but I've actually sort of given up with England now. Obviously would never happen with my club, would still be there if we got relegated etc. Just wondering if anyone else agrees with this.

I'm surprised you get slated because I know many people who prefer their club over their country!

chara   

I have wandered somewhat over the years always following Chelsea by whatever means possible but as most expats will tell you the loyalty to England or one's home country usually stays very strong so it's with great dismay that I find myself agreeing with all of you regarding the club v country debate. At one time the two loyalties complimented each other and there was great pride in one of "our own" being picked for International duty...whichever country was involved...but now I am more than pleased when our English lads are "unfit" To put up with the nonsense from fans and media is too much have to take now.

So...the Blues come first......what was the score in the game this week?...yeah I do know but made no special attempt to find the result..that says it all......

chara   

Just a quick ps...I grew up in Kingsbury and could see Wembley Stadium from my primary school...as a young man my buddies and I (sorry too long in the States!)my mates and I would usually walk home from games at Wembley...lost track of the number of Intenrationals we went to over the years but if I were back there now guess I wouldn't bother...sad isn't it?

Hashim   

Just a quick ps...I grew up in Kingsbury and could see Wembley Stadium from my primary school...as a young man my buddies and I (sorry too long in the States!)my mates and I would usually walk home from games at Wembley...lost track of the number of Intenrationals we went to over the years but if I were back there now guess I wouldn't bother...sad isn't it?

why did you move to the us?

chara   

why did you move to the us?

Good question...been travelling for a long time one way or another..in Spain 3 times...US and then the Caribbean for 8/9years before coming to Colorado in '99 after meeting a Colorado lady and getting married (again! no fool like an old fool!)I am a proud Englishman/Londoner/Chelsea fan but believe me this is the greatest country in the World...warts and all....I can watch Chelsea live or recorded most weeks more so than the days when I played Sat/Sun and could only catch midweek or when no Sat game.I miss S/B and real fish/chips and don't waste much time watching MLS here and really appreciate being able to share this web site.

For the M,boro final a bunch of us took an hour trip in an open fishing boat(had to take spare clothes in a plastic bag)to watch the game with a French commentry!!!

Djeza   

England 0 Montenegro 0

Let's see if they try and blame JT and Super Frank for this one!

HA HA HA HA!!!!

Montenegro done that without there two stars Mirko Vucinic of Roma ( 89 Seria a goals to date ) and gun youngster Stevan Jovetic of Fiorentina those two have the skill to take Montenegro great places. I'm Serbian so I know these players well Montenegro is a team that has quality to get out of a group at the EURO Champs so dont be to frustrated with a 0- result against them at home.

I still believe England will top the group, main message to England fans dont be frustrated. Serbia got beatan by Estonia 1-3 I have the right to go nuts :) my boys dont want to play for god knows what reason, yet we have the same talent as England does big players in England, Italy, Spain.

Keep the faith! I know its hard too after the world cup performance you guys produce but England will put it together one day.

Honestly, could someone who is able to follow it better than I can from here, please tell me why England is so poor? I know it is a complicated issue about which so much has been written, but I find it incomprehensible that England could look so thoroughly dreadful against a France side that seemed decidedly ordinary. Friendly match of course. A lot of veterans were out or nicked, I know, but weren't they supposed to be the problem after the WC? Do the players just hate the distraction of playing for England? Is it just so much of a poisoned chalice that the players cannot perform in the heat of the scrutiny they get from the press? Are they too overpaid to play well or just overrated by a press that just tries to build them up and then tear them down?