• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

Harvz   

Unless they are the new Belgium, that's a disappointing result to say the least. Whatever about English talent coming into the Premier League... they probably couldn't populate the Northern Conference with adequate players at that age.

hanuma   

England U21s 1 Moldova u21s 0

Frankly I find this result incredible - at home to a country with a pop of below 4 million.

Difference between 1 and 6 was negligible. Created chances and some remarkable misfortune (and indecisiveness) in front of goal.

Holymoly   

Ukraine 0 - 0 Some Godawful Pub Side

90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Unimaginative tactics ineptly employed against a rank average side.

That is the reason I've given up following England. Up here in Scotland the only alternative was to watch Scotland play. And that ain't happening.....

The first 15 seconds of the first half gave a good indication of what to expect for the next 90 minutes... England kick off, Gerrard passes to Lampard, Lampard passes to Jagielka, Jagielka hoofs ball forward to no-one in particular, Ukrainian player collects ball and hoofs it up-field to no-one in particular...

Ball retention was poor, passing was woeful. Is there really no better England qualified right back than Kyle Walker when Glen Johnson is unavailable? Only Cahill came out of that game able to hold his head up high and think "I did my job well tonight"

paulw66   

Unimaginative tactics ineptly employed against a rank average side.

That is the reason I've given up following England.

The plan was to get a draw, and that's what we got. One could argue the tactics were employed effectively, albeit being unimaginative.

The second comment is one I keep hearing recently - it is almost as though we used to have a really good national side. We didn't. We just expect a whole heap more these days.

Holymoly   

The plan was to get a draw, and that's what we got. One could argue the tactics were employed effectively, albeit being unimaginative.

The second comment is one I keep hearing recently - it is almost as though we used to have a really good national side. We didn't. We just expect a whole heap more these days.

Can't imagine Roy told the players to pass the ball out intro touch or, if impractical, to an opposition player.

I think the point is that these players are the highest paid in the world and strut around making out they're all that when in reality the majority of them are carried by their club team mates. The only reason players like Wallcot, Jagielkam Millner etc are even playing in the premier league is becasue they're English and the clubs have to swell their squads with home grown players. Consequently supply and demand dictates they get these enormous salaries not their skill. I think it's indicative of just how highly thought of the ability of home nations players are rated in the rest of the world when only Bale has a contract with a top club abroad. The supporters know how shite they are, it's time the players woke up to the fact also and tried to improve rather than fanny around and wring their hands when they get regularly outplayed in international competitions.

Trappatoni gone by mutual consent. Bring on Martin O'Neill!

Sea foot   

Do you really think O'Neill would want to take on the job or are my sarcasm specs not working again!

I think if O'Neill feels he's done with club football, he would go for it, but only in that scenario.