• Current Donation Goals

Sir

Non Chelsea: International Football

A more objective view on the England matter for you guys.

If England qualify from the group, then you have to put the entire burden of that on Jagielka. People will laugh but he is the player to carry England to the world cup, his leadership in defence (especially as JT has no desire to return) will be monumental.

Furthermore, taking players like Cleverly, Lampard, Welbeck will hurt Englands chances. Lampard isn't good enough for that starting slot, and why should he sit on the bench? Whereas Cleverly and Welbeck are just terrible footballers.

Think Hodgson should put trust in more youth and not just the names. Going to be a great tournament. Fancy England to come second in the group, Uruguay will top it.

Watching Gerrard at the World Cup will be laughable. He hardly has a high enough fitness level to play full matches in Northern England during Winter. How on earth is he going to cope in Manaus, which apparently has 99% humidity? He'll probably fake one of his trademark dives after 5 minutes, so he can be stretchered off.

The heat is going to be a massive problem for England at this World Cup, we even struggled with the heat in Germany (2006), so I don't know how those players are possibly going to cope with playing near the Amazon rainforest. And of course, knowing England luck, we get three countries that have hot climates, who are used to playing in those conditions. Even Costa Rica, who most people are calling 'whipping boys' will be very tough to beat in these conditions. I would not be at all surprised if England don't win a single game at the World Cup.

Other than the first game against Italy the other two group games should be okay weather wise.

As for the group, Italy's best player from the Euro's will be two years older and even with him they still needed penalties to beat England. Uruguay have Suarez, Cavani and....er...that bloke Southampton bought that can't get a game? It won't be easy but I reckon England will get out of the group and looking at the potential draw a quarter final appearance looks likely.

Oh, and Spain will be knocked out in the first knockout round.

So now it's decided that the WC 2022 in Qatar will not only be played in a state built by slaves with no respect for human rights, but also in the winter time/late autumn. I truly hope all respectable nations and major leagues will come together with their clubs and boycott the tournament. There's no reason for the Premier League for instance to take a break in November and let players travel to a criminal nation for the enjoyment of rich oil c***s, making the players' schedule even more hectic than before.

There ought to be a thorough criminal investigation regarding the whole process of giving Qatar the cup, preferably with many an arrests made in the process and the competition moved to a suitable country.

I'm disgusted. FIFA aren't known for their great moves, but now they've managed to rape the sport from top to bottom, and seem to be getting away with it, while those who have power to intervene not giving a rat's ass.

So disappointed.

Edited by Bouncy Blue

^ At this rate chances are no one will care about the WC in 2022 regardless of where it is played.

I used to love the tournament - now it's just a long boring 'meh' with corruption running rife (probably always has but I didn't notice that in my younger years). It's fat cats who feeds other fat cats.

I will certainly not be watching a 2022 WC played out in the desert in a country that's smaller than the Falklands.

The best players are always too tired to perform and NT football has lost a lot since the 80's and 90's. Hard to take it seriously and the players make far too much money playing for their clubs to care about their NTs.

Well, personally, coming from a rather small footballing nation, I know the players and fans care very much about our NT over here. Same goes to say for other smaller countries in Europe, also the other home nations in the UK, not to mention how passionately the Africans, South Americans and even football fans in the States feel about their national sides.

It might not be what it once was, but there's still huge potential in the tournament, and it hasn't lost its popularity in large parts of the world. I mean, the match between the US and England attracted a bigger TV audience in America than the NBA finals, which says quite a lot, coming from a country where football is perhaps only the fifth most popular team sport on telly.

I would also argue that even though Sleeping Dave has lost interest, that doesn't apply to the majority of Englishmen and the players who have dreamed as children to play for the Three Lions.

Sciatika   

My interest in the NT has been declining for years chiefly, probably, because I hate the constant bigging up of a bunch of players who are decent but no more than that. I hate the stereotyping of "johnny-foreigner". I hate the way the press constantly over-hype expectations so they can dash them. The way the press have to have a scapegoat to blame when things go wrong.

In reality, we know that we aren't that good compared to, say, Germany, Italy, Spain and, up until recently, France. Most of us know that the likes of Rooney and Gerrard are not really the world class players we are constantly told they are. However, the treatment of Terry was the final straw. I find it very hard in my heart to care much about the outcome of any game involving a team maintained by the bunch of incompetents known as the FA. If its on, I might watch a bit, but I no longer care what happens.

^ Most of my Chelsea supporting mates couldn't care less about the England NT. I would actually say that it's really only one who supports England with any sort of passion.

As for the tournament - it's a great idea which has worked for many decades. But unfortunately FIFA is doing it's outmost to kill it. For me they have already succeeded.

Why the f is the World Cup even played in Qatar? Give me one, just one, legitimate reason. Oil money bribes does obviously not count.

In fact, I could probably come up with five reasons on the spot to why it shouldn't be considered to be held in Qatar. Ten + if you gave me some time.

Why the f is the World Cup even played in Qatar? Give me one, just one, legitimate reason. Oil money bribes does obviously not count.

In fact, I could probably come up with five reasons on the spot to why it shouldn't be considered to be held in Qatar. Ten + if you gave me some time.

Of course, that was my point, wasn't it? It's a joke - a joke that kills hundreds of people kept under conditions no better than actual slavery. It's ****ing disgusting, and should result in a complete re-arrangement of FIFA and the imprisonment of those people who made the decision to commit this crime against football and human rights.

Of course, that was my point, wasn't it? It's a joke - a joke that kills hundreds of people kept under conditions no better than actual slavery. It's ****ing disgusting, and should result in a complete re-arrangement of FIFA and the imprisonment of those people who made the decision to commit this crime against football and human rights.

Yeah I know it was your point. I just wanted to emphasise how correct you are:)

When you scrutinise the decision the only feeling a normal person could have would have to be absolute disgust.

Not even a democracy for ****s sake. And the slave like conditions foreigners are enduring over there is just one of many reasons why this tournament is a joke from start to finish.

You should not wish ill events on anyone but for Blatter and the upper echelons of FIFA I'll make an exception. Just looking at Blatter makes my stomach turn.