• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

me5537

2Nil Down To Sunderland

me5537   

Comments from Chelsea Sunderland:

Since I have never sat in the East Upper, I thought I would try it for this game. I was very impressed with the view. I was also very impressed with the big 'Carefree' when we went 2 nil down and I was suprised by the fact there were quite a few singers up there. Massively disappointed when I saw lots of families on the way out when we went 2nil down however.

Comments from Chelsea Sunderland:

Since I have never sat in the East Upper, I thought I would try it for this game. I was very impressed with the view. I was also very impressed with the big 'Carefree' when we went 2 nil down and I was suprised by the fact there were quite a few singers up there. Massively disappointed when I saw lots of families on the way out when we went 2nil down however.

Me and a pal sat in THE SHED UPPER Row 15 Gate 4.

Atmosphere was awful. I suggested to my pal (who normally sits in MH stands) that we try the shed as I had heard it was really vocal. It was awful. What makes this 10 times worse, is that Gate 3/4 are the nearest to the away fans. Oddly, in previous years when I have been in Gates 10/11 the atmosphere and banter was non-stop. I will be sitting back in the Matthew Harding next time and when I apply for a season ticket I will definitly give the Shed a miss.

Shame as I thought we had a better vocal support in The Shed.

The Shed is shameful most days and like Gibbs said the gates nearest to the away fans are the worst. Shed Lower is also appauling in terms of view and atmosphere (how the back two rows don't file under restricted view is beyond me)...

MHL is always good though, especially gate 12 and the gates around it. Sunderland was an alright atmosphere considering how we were playing and the score, especially pleased when we kept singing even when we were 3-0 down. I'd imagine those few boos came from the east stand though and it was nice that the MHL clapped the team off and kept on singing after the 90mins.

Also, fantastic support for the soldiers that came on at half time. The club, as usual, made full effort as regards to Rememberance Day and loved the fact the only banners on the Shed and MH were the 'Chelsea Supporters Will Not Forget' ones and the fact one of those banners was put above the Pensioners seats was also a fantastic touch.

Not a great atmosphere in the Shed last weekend but still preferable to the MHU. As far as the MHL goes I have had an MHL sit with me in the Shed and prefer the atmosphere. I think it depends on the game and other factors what impression you are left with.

The Shed is shameful most days and like Gibbs said the gates nearest to the away fans are the worst. Shed Lower is also appauling in terms of view and atmosphere (how the back two rows don't file under restricted view is beyond me)...

The view is fantastic actually and the atmosphere for 9/10 games is fantastic too. We're easily the second loudest tier/stand at Chelsea and I'd say we're only behind the MHL because of the size of the Shed Lower, it's small enough as it is but sharing with away fans gives us even less support.

The more eastern side of the Shed Upper would seem inevitably worse off simply because it's harder to get things going when the song initiators can be drowned out by nearby away fans. I sit closer to the western side, and most of the songs get started up by a group near the back of the section that curves round to the West Stand. It works pretty well...although usually only in 5-10 minute periods separated by more quiet patches. That seems to be the case for much of the stadium on some days, of course.

Well, judging from the Box (where the sound of the away fans always seems to be magnified) I thought we put up a good effort throughout - esp given the shocking performance. You all did very well.

As for the different stands - the MHL seems the most vocal but I'm sure they all have their plus points.

The more eastern side of the Shed Upper would seem inevitably worse off simply because it's harder to get things going when the song initiators can be drowned out by nearby away fans. I sit closer to the western side, and most of the songs get started up by a group near the back of the section that curves round to the West Stand. It works pretty well...although usually only in 5-10 minute periods separated by more quiet patches. That seems to be the case for much of the stadium on some days, of course.

I've noticed that tbh. I'm a member and preference is always Shed Upper, but I've been a tad disappointed with the middle of the Shed, always seem to be better in the west side. There again, people are always going to have times where they sit in a traditional 'singing area' where the atmosphere isn't what it's billed as.

I find that a few decisions going against us, with a red card thrown into the game livens things up abit =)

JayD   

Gate 13 MHL ... If the 'Sit Daaaaaaans' pissed off, I'd love my seat a bit more. Best atmnosphere in the stadium there in my opinion. I still find that I'd preffer to be sitting in another section at games though, I'm hard to please.