• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Wolves V Chelsea

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premier League match against Wolves, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 19:45 hrs, Wednesday, 5th January 2011, at Molineux.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

CFCnet on Facebook

CFCnet on Twitter

Cameron   

Well we know that despite them being bottom of the league they're a decent side, because they probably deserved a draw when they came to SB.

I know there won't be a host of changes, but I'm just hoping for a couple still... Boswinga from the start and Sturridge in for Anelka.

Really, these days I can't think about a team we could beat easily. They're at the bottom but could won against us for sure. In our current form, we can be beaten by a Fourth Division team.

If we lose/draw here and Carlo/Roman/the board still think we don't need new players, prepare for difficult times, guys.

I've given up on the title race now, therefore I'm not going go get worked up about every dropped point for the remainder of the season, and I intend to just enjoy the remainder. However we need to rack up enough points to finish in the top 3 ( I'd take 4th but we don't really want to have to qualify.) However this is vs bottom of the league. So anything less and were desperate for points right now, so nothing less than 3 will do. If we can't beat bottom of league, away or not then the crisis becomes a meltdown.

Right now though, I also worry no matter who were facing. Any teamthat's going to get in our faces and attack with a bit of intensity has a good chance of getting something out of the game.

Jarvis vs Bosingwa/ Ferriera will be a key battle.

I would go with:

Cech

Bosingwa-Terry-Ivanovic-Cole

Ramires-Essien-Lampard

Kakuta-Drogba-Malouda

It will almost certainly be Anelka instead of Kakuta though.

Hopefully somehow we can get a comfortable cushion, and we can bring on one of Kakuta/Mceachran/Sturridge for a decent amount of time.

3-0 Lampard,Terry,Sturridge.

I've given up on the title race now, therefore I'm not going go get worked up about every dropped point for the remainder of the season, and I intend to just enjoy the remainder. However we need to rack up enough points to finish in the top 3 ( I'd take 4th but we don't really want to have to qualify.) However this is vs bottom of the league. So anything less and were desperate for points right now, so nothing less than 3 will do. If we can't beat bottom of league, away or not then the crisis becomes a meltdown.

Agreed. Getting 3rd is just as good as 2nd (except for the financial differences and bragging rights) since it means automatic qualification anyway. I don't mind waiting another season to challenge for the title as long as we're getting decent runs in the cups.

Right now though, I also worry no matter who were facing. Any teamthat's going to get in our faces and attack with a bit of intensity has a good chance of getting something out of the game.

Jarvis vs Bosingwa/ Ferriera will be a key battle.

Don't forget Stephen *unt. I know we all hate him, but he really is effective.

I would go with:

Cech

Bosingwa-Terry-Ivanovic-Cole

Ramires-Essien-Lampard

Kakuta-Drogba-Malouda

It will almost certainly be Anelka instead of Kakuta though.

Hopefully somehow we can get a comfortable cushion, and we can bring on one of Kakuta/Mceachran/Sturridge for a decent amount of time.

3-0 Lampard,Terry,Sturridge.

I would play Kakuta on the other flank and Sturridge filling Anelka's spot. Cole's been off-form of late so Van Aanholt should be given a chancce. None of these changes will happen though, Ancelotti will play the same team against Villa.

octville   

On last 6 games current form, Chelsea sits at 12th, below the hungry Wolves at 8th.

And the avaricious Wolves have won only 4 games - only 4 mate - with 3 at home in the league.

I love the thing about Chelsea being beaten by the scraps of Bradford or Cambridge on current form. We needed good old Drogs and JT to rescue a point at home against an impotent Villa who have been beaten by everyone above us.

I voted for Ancelotti out, but that's not going to happen. And I don't think his departure will change anything on current state of affair.

Prepare for a cold dish on a platter. The wolves hounted the Scousers before succumbing to fellow struggler West Spam on 2-0.

So, enough of those excuses ( Ramires need time to settle, the youth are not ready, suspension and injuries, changing room bickering etc)...

I want CA out, so for me, at the expense of your wrath, it is : Wolves 1 Chelsea 0

Karan   

I want CA out, so for me, at the expense of your wrath, it is : Wolves 1 Chelsea 0

Just curious as to why a Hoffenheim fan is so invested in Chelsea's results.

Don't Hoffenheim fans have to worry about the state of your club with Rangnick's resignation?

McEachran should start playing more or go on loan to a Premier League team, I know people dont think our young players are good enough, but when the team is playing so poorly, new faces help make an impact. Unlike most of our current team, he also seems to be decent at passing the ball. I thought Bruma had a decent game against Villa and have been impressed with Van Aanholt when he has played.

Team for Wolves:

Cech

Ivanovic Bruma Terry Cole

Essien McEachran Lampard Malouda

Sturridge Drogba

Can't wait to go up to Wolves on Wednesday. Proper stadium, loud fans and good banter. Was one of the better away days lasy year.

As for the game I think we'll struggle. Wolves play a similar system to us and they matched us all the way when we played them at the Bridge. I'd be surprised if we won this one to be honest and would probably settle for a draw given the circumstances.