• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

r.bartlett

Which Ds

Gents

It's my daughters birthday and she wants a DS console. Can anyone advice on which one to buy DS DSi Lite etc and why.

If anyone can give me pointers I'd be most thankful as it's all way above my head..

Thanks

Richard

Gents

It's my daughters birthday and she wants a DS console. Can anyone advice on which one to buy DS DSi Lite etc and why.

If anyone can give me pointers I'd be most thankful as it's all way above my head..

Thanks

Richard

Well I'd recommend the Dsi but the Dsi XL has a larger screen but it is approximately £50 more expensive and is obviously less portable, so I'd suggest the original Dsi as a better buy.

Plenty of games available - I'd recommend the Professor Layton games which everyone seems to like as we as the widely known and appreciated Brain Training games. Perhaps you may be able to get one of these bundles with the Dsi if you shop around.

Well I'd recommend the Dsi but the Dsi XL has a larger screen but it is approximately £50 more expensive and is obviously less portable, so I'd suggest the original Dsi as a better buy.

Plenty of games available - I'd recommend the Professor Layton games which everyone seems to like as we as the widely known and appreciated Brain Training games. Perhaps you may be able to get one of these bundles with the Dsi if you shop around.

So not the lite then..... ?

So not the lite then..... ?

Well there's not really a massive difference but the Dsi lite is the newer model, so that 's the one I'd go for.

Hope this helps.

Well there's not really a massive difference but the Dsi lite is the newer model, so that 's the one I'd go for.

Hope this helps.

Sure does Davie as I say I haven't got a clue with this stuff...

I've got the DS lite. Yeah, the XL has a bigger screen, but that only makes you feel a touch special. My DS lite has served me well, and it's actually pretty damn solid as well. I wouldn't go for an old DS, despite the fact that they are far cheaper in price. The backlight is terrible, so you have to get a clip on shade so that you can play during "light" moments.

The only problem I have with the DS lite, is that when you put in a Game Boy Advance game, it protrudes and becomes quite a nuisance. But if she doesn't have any GBA games then it doesn't really matter!

Edit: Also, get screen protectors. Fairly cheap, and come with a DS case (which is also a necessity). It seems a little expensive, but it protects it really well. I'm 19 bloody years old, and I still finger print and scratch the protectors up, so thank god they're there.

I bought a new DS lite.. many thanks to you both for the assistance and I will get some screen protectors pdq!

I bought a new DS lite.. many thanks to you both for the assistance and I will get some screen protectors pdq!

You're welcome. Sure, it'll provide many, many hours of joy : )