• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CfcPrideofLDN

Chelsea 7 - Ipswich 0

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the FA Cup match with Ipswich, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 15:00 hrs Sunday 9th January 2011, at Stamford Bridge..

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

CFCnet on Facebook

CFCnet on Twitter

Sturridge to start (5 goals in that reserve match), with Kakuta (who was also brilliant apparently), Bruma, PVA (captain of reserve match) and Josh. Hopefully we'll try out Bane at RB, while dropping Essien, Malouda, Anelka/Drogba and Ash to give the last 2 guys a rest. They've virtually played every game possible.

If the youngsters play, I'm quite confident we'll win.

Sturridge to start (5 goals in that reserve match), with Kakuta (who was also brilliant apparently), Bruma, PVA (captain of reserve match) and Josh. Hopefully we'll try out Bane at RB, while dropping Essien, Malouda, Anelka/Drogba and Ash to give the last 2 guys a rest. They've virtually played every game possible.

If the youngsters play, I'm quite confident we'll win.

I hope so. Hopefully Ramires could get a goal as well and come into form

The line-up I'd be tempted to play (whether out of resting some players for being tired, or dropping them for playing poorly...)

Malouda - Sturridge - Kakuta

Lampard - McEachren - Ramires

PVA - Terry - Bruma - Ivanovic

Cech

Bench: Turnbull, Essien, Drogba, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Kalou, Mellis

I would replace Malouda too if I had a decent alternative (Zhirkov being injured), and I'd rather not shift Sturridge over there to put Anelka or Drogba up front.

The line-up we actually play will be entirely different, of course.

Hilario

Ivanovic ~ Bruma ~ Terry ~ Van Aanholt

Ramires

McEachran ~ Lampard

Kakuta ~ Sturridge ~ Malouda

Would like Lampard to play at least 45 minutes just to increase his match fitness further. Ashley Cole definitely needs a rest even though he's been one of the better performers in recent weeks and Bruma needs more game time and opportunities, as does Sturridge (especially after scoring 5 for the reserves today).

I hope Bruma plays but I also hope he is up to marking Ipswich's young star... Conor Wickham. I keep saying that Bruma has the potential but won't be ready to be a proper first team player until he matures physically, which isn't a problem for Wickham thats for sure!

I like the teams that have already been put down and with the form Ipswich are in it should have a decent chance of winning... but I'm sure a totaly different team will play.

Cameron   

I'd go for:

Cech

Ivanovic Bruma Terry PVA

Ramires McEachran Lampard

Kakuta Sturridge Anelka

Strong sub bench of: Turnbull, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Essien, Malouda, Kalou, Drogba.

Hope for a win, although who knows.

The start of our FA Cup defence and hopefully what will be the shining light in the season.

Not a lot to say about this game. I hear Ipswich are very light on players themselves.

I want to see Bruma, JMcE, Sturridge, Kakuta and Van Aanholt. If we see a full team, I'll be fuming. I think the most foolish thing Carlo has done is play a full team against Marseille. 3 reasons we need to take pressure of the first team for a week. Second we need to give then starts because at least 4 of them should be playing for starts against Blackburn, not Van Aanholt, but Ash needs a rest. Third reason is exactly that. The first team need a rest.

Sturridge scored 5 in a 7-3 win in the reserves today. Kakuta also grabbed himself a goal, Gokhan Tore scored the other. Carlo and Emelano went to watch almost certainly because he is going to play most of them vs Ipswich but hopefully because he's considering giving some of them more league experience.

Two line ups 4-3-3:

Turnbull

Ferriera-Bruma-Terry-Van Aanholt

McEachran

Ramires-Lampard

Kakuta-Sturridge-Malouda

Or he wants to be brave and try and new formation, now is the time.

4-4-2:

Turnbull

Ferriera-Bruma-Terry-Van Aanholt

Ramires-McEachran-Lampard-Kakuta

Sturridge-Drogba/Anelka

Just give us a win Chelsea!

3-1 Sturridge x2, Lampard.

bert19   

(4-4-2 w/ midfield diamond)

Cech/Turnbull

Bruma Ivanovic JT PVA

Essien

Ramires Lamps

Kakuta/Josh (as a #10)

Sturridge Drogba

OR

(4-3-3)

Cech

Bruma Ivanovic JT PVA

Ramires Lamps Josh

Kakuta Sturridge Malouda

Preferably not use the 4-3-3 though given it's been entirely unsuccessful in recent weeks.

Doesn't matter too much whether Bruma or Ivanovic play as the right-back or centre-back, I'd just give Bruma a start here.

Sturridge HAS to start given he's a) chomping at the bit and b) 5 goals today suggests he's got an eye for goal.

Ash to be rested and Anelka & Kalou to be on the bench

And I'd also tell all of the youngsters that if they play well and we win they'll play next week. Give them some incentive and make the first XI aware that they aren't shoe-ins

I went to see Ipswich-Forest on Monday and Ipswich were toothless up front, just floated balls in to the box from way out. All we need to win is a kepper who will command his area (Cech) and two big centre backs.