• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JayD

Smoking

JayD   

Thought I might aswell make a topic...

I've just been done by the Met Police for dropping a ciggarette end on the floor, the result is a £55 fine that must be paid within a week, if not.. it increases to £80 (Not what I needed in January really). Accept completely that it was my fault but I think that this is a cheap shot at making money for the council (Wandsworth).. the old bill literally must of been watching over me and waiting.

This country is beggining to piss me off now.. I pay £250 a month to get to work (I work for the NHS, they don't pay for my travel). My pay has been dropped by alot (10's of thousands) since the goverment froze work within my sector. And on top of that there are increases in VAT and other crap such as my travel. Then I get hit with a fine for dropping a ciggaerette end.

So heres a warning to you all, if your in a busy town center, don't drop your cigarette ends, it's possibly cost me a chelsea game.

Thought I might aswell make a topic...

I've just been done by the Met Police for dropping a ciggarette end on the floor, the result is a £55 fine that must be paid within a week, if not.. it increases to £80 (Not what I needed in January really). Accept completely that it was my fault but I think that this is a cheap shot at making money for the council (Wandsworth).. the old bill literally must of been watching over me and waiting.

This country is beggining to piss me off now.. I pay £250 a month to get to work (I work for the NHS, they don't pay for my travel). My pay has been dropped by alot (10's of thousands) since the goverment froze work within my sector. And on top of that there are increases in VAT and other crap such as my travel. Then I get hit with a fine for dropping a ciggaerette end.

So heres a warning to you all, if your in a busy town center, don't drop your cigarette ends, it's possibly cost me a chelsea game.

That is ridiculous. I still can't believe you got done for that!!! I mean, stand at any part of central London and watch a street for 10 mins. How many do you think you'd find to be guilty of the same "crime"?

JayD   

Don't smoke, problem solved.

No it's not. there's still going to be other people getting raped out of there money for ridiculous things. Essential, I got done for littering. I reckon if I'd have dropped (for example) a pen lid on the floor (as its rougly the same size as a fag end) I can bet you any money I wouldnt of got done for it.

No it's not. there's still going to be other people getting raped out of there money for ridiculous things. Essential, I got done for littering. I reckon if I'd have dropped (for example) a pen lid on the floor (as its rougly the same size as a fag end) I can bet you any money I wouldnt of got done for it.

Best thing the Government did banning smoking in pubs, disgusting filthy habit. I can find somewhere to put bits of rubbish I am sure you can find somewhere safe to put a butt end.

JayD   

Best thing the Government did banning smoking in pubs, disgusting filthy habit. I can find somewhere to put bits of rubbish I am sure you can find somewhere safe to put a butt end.

That's not the point at all.... a warning to say "Do that again and you'll get a fine" fair enough. And the fact that this has hardly ever been enforced is a joke. Your not a smoker, so your point of views going to be different.

Best thing the Government did banning smoking in pubs

Aggree with you here. Except when its raining.

bert19   

I very much doubt you see thousands upon thousands of people going around dropping pen lids on the ground though do you?

To be honest, it sounds like you were unfortunate in that you're part of a very small minority who have actually been punished for doing what you did. It still doesn't excuse it either in the eyes of the law or for those of us that don't want to see litter (in any form) dropped on the street.

True Dat. Any litter on the street is unpleasant and in most cases, very unnecessary.

That's not the point at all.... a warning to say "Do that again and you'll get a fine" fair enough. And the fact that this has hardly ever been enforced is a joke. Your not a smoker, so your point of views going to be different.

Aggree with you here. Except when its raining.

What are you starting a thread for if you don't want opinions of none smokers for? It's a forum, I'm given you my opinion but you are disregarding it.

JayD   

What are you starting a thread for if you don't want opinions of none smokers for? It's a forum, I'm given you my opinion but you are disregarding it.

I didn't dis-regard it, I just said it is obviously going to be different from mine.

Your not a smoker, so your point of views going to be different.