• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Chelsea Vs Manchester United

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Premier League match against Manchester United, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 19:45 hrs, Tuesday, 1st March 2011, at Stamford Bridge.

Important Stream Info

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

CFCnet on Facebook

CFCnet on Twitter

maybe carlo will give the flat 442 a chance after the game in copenhagen with anelka and torres as strikers (I don't know if Anelka is able to play good outside the CL). A win would be amazing, we need it!

Cech

-bane-- luiz-- Terry-- ash-

ramires Essien lamps zhirkov

---torres anelka/Drogba---

btw, with ramires, Essien and zhirkov + torres and anelka we'd have a very pacy midfield/strikeforce which is good in combination with lamps passing abilities.

ell   

This is a big game not only because it Man Utd but, because its our game in hand and if we win we can go ahead of Tottenham and back into the Champions League places. Not only would a win put us back into the top 4 but it would also give the team a massive confidence boost which could hopefully kick start the rest of our season.

My team would be something along the lines of:

Cech

Ivanovic --- Luiz ------Terry -----Cole

Ramires----Lampard ---- Essien---Malouda(Zhirkov if fully fit)

------Torres--------Anelka

genjuro   

I doubt Carlo will go 442, he's not known for taking risks when he's under pressure. I dont know about Yuri to be honest, he must be willing to track back and help. But a must win for sure now that Spurs lost but we havnt exactly been able to take advantage of other teams mistakes under Carlo. How great if Torres scores ha.

I don't think 4-4-2 will work against the bigger teams, we that DM. Rooney will just slot into that space between our midfield and defence and suck all of our players out of position. Essien needs to play the DM role with Ramires on the right and Lamps somewhat central ahead of Essien. Malouda on the left. Drogba should remain on the bench and Anelka should play just off of Torres.

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz JT Cole

Essien

Ramires Lampard Malouda

Anelka

Torres

Three of Drogba, Kalou, Zhirkov, Bosingwa and Mikel can make an impact from the bench if needed. I doubt Yuri is ready to start a game yet - let alone one that will demand so much physically and mentally.

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Essien - Mikel

Ramires - Lampard - Malouda

Torres

I would start with this team, there is going to be a battle in the middle from Man U, we have to respond. And then look at the bench we would have in this case: Turnbull, Bosingwa, McEachran, Zhirkov, Anelka, Kalou, Drogba and another one, probably Ferreira. Plenty of options to change the course of the game if we need that.

But I bet that Carlo is not thinking this way.

Monello   

I don't understand why so many are eager to drop Drogba for this one. Sure he's been struggling but Torres certainly hasn't been much better. I like Torres and hope he does well but I don't feel like should start him just because we paid 50M for him

I don't understand why so many are eager to drop Drogba for this one. Sure he's been struggling but Torres certainly hasn't been much better. I like Torres and hope he does well but I don't feel like should start him just because we paid 50M for him

My reason for leaving him on the bench is just tactical. I believe that we need strong midfield because United will put all pressure on midfield, and therefore I believe that we need to start with one striker. I pick Torres because I think he is more dangerous player for Vidic and whoever plays alongside him in comparison to Drogba. Drogba would simply have a physical battle with their stoppers, without any result. If Torres wasn't here, I would have started with Anelka and, again, Drogba on the bench.