• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roboshea

For Sale : Chelsea Football Club Stamford Bridge West Stand Seat

roboshea   

I have just put a Chelsea Chair up for sale

Chelsea F.C Limited Edition Original Seat (Collectable)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200581420558

Chelsea Football Club - Stamford Bridge Original West Stand Seat

Limited Edition - Number 148.

Weight Of Chair : 15 kg

Construction : Solid Mahogany and Cast Iron

History :

If a chair that used to be cleaned by Terry Venables holds any attraction, allow me to present 'Chelsea Chairs', a thriving business dealing in seating taken from the Stamford Bridge ground's West End stand when it was demolished in 1997. In solid mahogany and cast iron, and, it is thought, over 100 years old, these are seats for the serious.

Adrian and Frank O'Sullivan bought the salvage rights to the chairs while working on the demolition with a Company called T McGee and found that, of the 1,000 seats, 600 were fit for restoration.

They set about renovating one of them as a prototype, stripping it with caustic soda and applying three coats of varnish, and presented the idea to McGee's management, who then gave the go-ahead for the whole batch to be restored.

"We cannot believe the response we have had from supporters," Frank O'Sullivan said. The seats come with a brass plaque and the original number stencilled on the back.

Their only regret is that 4,000 of the 6,300 seats removed from the West Stand had actually been destroyed before they thought of the idea.

From a smoke and pet free home.

Buy with confidence - See my 100 % excellent rating / feedbacks !

-- (#3928310367)

another 1st class item from this superb seller honest And fast delivery

-- (#5321088242)

superb seller honest And fast delivery a qualtiy item many thanks A+++++++++++++

-- (#6704791507)

2nd time I've bought off this ebayer!! excellent again A+++++++++ thanks

-- (#6704984537)

These seats are rare. Well constructed, they make a perfect collectors item for any Chelsea fan ( or person interested in original football memorabillia ).

I only have one seat for sale - For Pick Up only

QueSera   

In solid mahogany and cast iron, and, it is thought, over 100 years old, these are seats for the serious.

?????

The west stand was built in 1965, so where were these seats for the 55 years years before that!!!!!

fatbloke   

You should have done your homework, there was one on ebay last month from a poster on here, that peaked at £311 and didn't sell due to a high reserve price. There was alos one on twice just before Christmas, that didn't receive a single offer again because of an inflated asking price.

they cost £265 when sold and in reality rarely sell for much more now. Good luck.

roboshea   

Thank you FatBloke for your feedback - much appreciated.

I stupidly placed the advert without looking properly at the info I was given to post into the ad ( have learnt my lesson from that ... )

I have removed the words [it is thought, over 100 years old] from the advert.

Very good point about the price, I will set about reducing the price of it in due course.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply and put me in the picture.

Rob

roboshea   

Hi QueSera - forgot to give you a thanks too for pointing out the error in the date ( thanks ! )

Fatbloke - I listened to what you said about the price and promptly reduced the price of the chair to below £300 ... no sooner had I done that, then a Chelsea supporter put a bid on it straight away !

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Rob

Chelsea F.C Limited Edition Original Seat (Collectable)

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=200581420558

Chelsea Football Club - Stamford Bridge Original West Stand Seat

Limited Edition - Number 148.

Weight Of Chair : 15 kg

Construction : Solid Mahogany and Cast Iron