• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CellSea

Marina Granovskaia

CellSea   
ESPNsoccernet understands Granovskaia was involved in the deals to sign Fernando Torres and David Luiz on the final day of the transfer window and that she has now been asked to take a more hands-on role in attempting to sign Belgian starlets Lukaku and De Bruyne.

Granovskaia has so far managed to avoid the spotlight but she appears to be taking increased responsibility in the role currently fulfilled by sporting director Frank Arnesen, who will leave to join Hamburg at the end of the season.

"Marina is a link between Chelsea, the players, and the agents," ESPNsoccernet's insider said. "It is the sort of role you would normally associate with the director of football.

"Marina is well-known inside the club as Roman's PA and she has been busy behind the scenes for a while. What role she might now aspire to no one is quite sure."

Well this is interesting. I didn't knew Roman had a personal assistant named Marina Granovskaia. However she seems like a low profile figure for our club and if she can make big deals such as the Fernando Torres and David luiz done, she must be that DAMN good! If sources are to be believed, she's currently trying to get Roman's wish list players such as Romelu Lukaku and Kevin De Bruyne. Does this mean that Carlo's got almost nothing to do with it??? Your thoughts please?

I wouldn't necessarily say Carlo's got nothing to do with it. You'd have to assume that at some point he was brought into the discussion. How much say he has, is another thing.

I think it's safe to say that really Carlo, even at Milan, was more of a coach than manager. He gets the players and it's his job to work with them. Given how we go through managers, it might not be such a bad thing having someone at the club who has an eye on the long term. That person would need to know what they're doing though, rather than playing Championship Manager for real.

Friend Request Sent

New form of appraisals etc at Chelsea maybe?

'Marina Granovskaia has updated her status - "Woohoo helped Chelsea sign Torres and Luiz today"

(thumbs up symbol) 'Roman Abramovich likes this'

Bison   

Interesting story. She could be the brains behind two big-money moves or she could be Roman's equivalent to Gaddafi's voluptious blonde nurse!

bert19   

I thought Roman's PA was Piet de Visser... Maybe he acts only as his personal scout.

I'd read before that de Visser is a scout who works for either Chelsea or Abramovich too.

In reference to Marina Granovskaia, it might not be a bad thing at all for her to be quite hands-on. I don't mean dealing with the talent scouting side of things at Chelsea, (imo a job that should go to someone like Neil Bath or someone in that mould) but if she's Abramovich's PA then he clearly trusts her and her opinion AND she's been around a fair few large financial and high profile deals.

Might be good if she was involved more often if she really was key in the signing or Torres and David Luiz. But then again, we all know f-all about her so this could all be speculation or a name that some journo has overheard and decided to write about. Or the key to her being useful could lie in the fact no-one knows much about her so espnsoccernet may just have blown it. Who knows?

Wonder how quickly that facebook page will disappear now though?

Yes curious.

Without knowing anything of the real situation, I can see why an RA mouthpiece would be useful.

In early negotiations over a player it is always useful to be able to say "yes we'd go to say £25m, IF we get the all clear from the boss." It teases out the willingness of the other side to sell without actually guaranteeing a bid. I suspect RA can be all that bothered over the odd couple of mill - I bet he gives the Chelsea board a lot of discretion in practice. It is the board that like to appear limited.

Later on when an actual bid is being made, the Chelsea negotiators have got to be able to move quickly. In comes Marina - She says RA says yes (or no) and it is as if RA himself is negotiating. But I wouldn't mind betting that Buck and co are in complete control all the way through.

New form of appraisals etc at Chelsea maybe?

'Marina Granovskaia has updated her status - "Woohoo helped Chelsea sign Torres and Luiz today"

(thumbs up symbol) 'Roman Abramovich likes this'

Was hoping more for:

Marina G updated her status: Got 30M cheque from Roman... Now who should I spend it on???

England's no. 8: I heard ___________ was pretty good... just saying.