• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CfcPrideofLDN

Lucas Piazon

Breaking news in Brazil this evening suggests that long-term youth target Lucas Piazon has agreed to join Chelsea from Sao Paulo when he turns 18, for a reported fee of €10m.

The website "Lance!net" have reported that the teenager, currently playing for Brazil in the South American Under-17 Championships, will join the Blues ahead of competition such as Juventus, who were believed to have agreed a deal to sign him earlier this year.

The news has since been confirmed by Sao Paulo themselves (the link quotes club officials)

Instead, Lance! now say that Piazon will travel to England at the end of the tournament and undergo medical tests before signing a contract.

Touted as 'the new Kaka', Piazon was initially linked with a move to West London two years ago as a fifteen year-old, and has since gone on to impress in Sao Paulo's youth teams.

http://thechels.net/...r-chelsea-move/

Courtesy of Juni.

Personally, I think we're being a previous with this one. He hasn't signed anything as far as I can see, and it's only 'suggested' that he will. It's not so long ago that he was off to Juve. Now he may well sign for us, but I'll wait until they start waving a contract around.

Juni   

Personally, I think we're being a previous with this one. He hasn't signed anything as far as I can see, and it's only 'suggested' that he will. It's not so long ago that he was off to Juve. Now he may well sign for us, but I'll wait until they start waving a contract around.

A member of Sao Paulo's Board has confirmed the deal, indicating how the deal breaks down financially and that they used some of the money to bring Luis Fabiano in earlier this week.

Suiko   

Great talent, don't have as much confidence in this kid as I had in other prospects at his age but for that price I can't really complain and I hope he gets his chances and lives up to the hype.

A member of Sao Paulo's Board has confirmed the deal, indicating how the deal breaks down financially and that they used some of the money to bring Luis Fabiano in earlier this week.

Maybe that's right, but it still hasn't been officially confirmed by either club as far as I can see. As I mentioned before, it wasn't all that long ago that Juve thought they had the lad signed, sealed, and delivered. I'll still wait for the official announcement.

Juni   

Since he's 17, I think we'll be waiting the best part of 9 months for that.

Since he's 17, I think we'll be waiting the best part of 9 months for that.

That's possibly right. So why are we 'announcing it' now on the main forum? Sorry mate, I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but it remains unconfirmed until such time as the lad signs a contract, doesn't it? If (as the story claims) he's heading over to Chelsea straight after the tournament finishes, shouldn't we expect to hear something official then?