• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ed De Goey

3D Tv's

Has anyone got one? If so what do you think of it? Is sport any good in 3D?

The father in law recently got a Sony 3D TV and I have to say some of the material is breathtaking. Haven't yet seen any sport in it though.

I have been thinking of getting one for a whiie but I was always put off by the fact that you have to wear glasses. I was holding out until they manufacture one without the need for the glaases but I don't think it would be as good without the glasses.

I went back and forth but decided against it

Like you, good friend has one and it can take your breath away at times

But, the material for it is EXTREMELY limited and the sporting events that it does do have MANY issues. Watched the US Sony Golf Open in 3D and it was buggy 50% of the time. National Title College football game? Had poles in the screen for a good bit

I am giving them another year to iron these bugs out

rj2115   

^^ I agree

I think wait until it becomes the standard, I bought my last one in hurry when the new ones came with higher refresh rate waste of money.

I like them but will wait until its adopted by everyone in the industry and fix any bugs

Haven't seen the football in 3d yet, would like to take a look.

Don't think the TVs are worth buying at the moment, as others have said wait for them to perfect it (and to pull down the price!!) in a year or two you'll probably get yourself a much better product at a much better price.

Same as all technology

Sir   

Just wait a year or so. By the time Euro 2012 comes around they might have come down in price, and you might not need the glasses either!

kembo   

Thought about it and decided against; cost,glasses, available material, new technology bugs and what's on the horizon.

No not yet. Waiting until later on in the year. I like panasonic tv's and they are releasing a model sometime later in the year that I may be interested in.

Recently watched a football match in 3D. The 3D only really worked for close ups ie throw ins, corners and replays.