• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Droy was my hero

What Should I Do With My Old Vinyl Lps?

Right - attic clearing out at my parents lead to my old LPs moving out into the garage. Spring has sprung this morning and they now have to go.

What should I do with them? There are only about 50, and I doubt any are famous enough to be worth anything. London Calling must be the only album I bought within a week of it being issued and there must be millions of those around (price reduced from £5 to £3.49 if I remember for a double album).

I've got CDs or good quality MP3s of all of them*, so there is no musical reason to keep them.

Ideas? If it is just chuck them out, is there anywhere which re-cycles the vinyl?

*Except the Genesis albums which I really wouldn't want to hear again.

Right - attic clearing out at my parents lead to my old LPs moving out into the garage. Spring has sprung this morning and they now have to go.

What should I do with them? There are only about 50, and I doubt any are famous enough to be worth anything. London Calling must be the only album I bought within a week of it being issued and there must be millions of those around (price reduced from £5 to £3.49 if I remember for a double album).

I've got CDs or good quality MP3s of all of them*, so there is no musical reason to keep them.

Ideas? If it is just chuck them out, is there anywhere which re-cycles the vinyl?

*Except the Genesis albums which I really wouldn't want to hear again.

Any Bruce in there?

The River I think - not too sure since I haven't looked closely, and I never listened to it much anyway.

*gasps*

but you redeem yourself by not asking "Bruce who?"

Bet you couls sell at least a couple on EBAY. Make a list and see how it goes.

... There are only about 50...

I have close to 3000 vinyl LPs. Many I also have as mp3s but I need to convert some to digital format before I get rid of them. No idea where either!

I have close to 3000 vinyl LPs. Many I also have as mp3s but I need to convert some to digital format before I get rid of them. No idea where either!

I found it was far easier to download MP3s of my CDs than rip them. Which makes it 10 times easier to download copies of my LPs than rip them. Plus the later CD versions usually have extra tracks attached.

Any Bruce in there?

I might've guessed that you'd ask that.... Lol!

I might've guessed that you'd ask that.... Lol!

Gotta get priorities right. :)

Chelsea or Bruce would be a tough choice, which I hope I never have to make. The only time Bruce disappointed me was when he mentioned Man U on stage. His son is a Man U fan. Nearly drove us apart for a while but we got throught it. Just.

Fentini   

Droy most Charity shops will take them off your hands as there is still a few vinyl hunters out there that trawl these shops for little gems.

Or Buy yourself an old fash record player from same shop .Line up a chair and a few cold ones and have a blast from the past weekend then donate back to the shop.

bert19   

Throw them at Journalists/Spurs fans/Gooners/Traffic Wardens/Annoying people with buggies ? (delete as appropriate).