• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sir

Live Match Thread: Manchester United Vs Chelsea

Sir   

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Champions League match against Manchester United, before and during the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this unmoderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 19:45 hrs, Tuesday, 12th April 2011, at Old Trafford.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

Important Stream Info

CFCnet on Facebook

CFCnet on Twitter

syza   

I'll actually go into this free of nerves I think. Its a bit of a case of expect the worst and hope for the best - however, now that we are the MASSIVE underdogs, the pressure is off and maybe we can surprise them a bit. If we score first their nerves might jangle.

Just hoping its a much better performance really. Go there and play like we did last season. Fast start, get a goal ahead and they aren't really a great team imo.

I feel so untouched by this. I hate that feeling.

Yeah thats exactly how I feel. This season's kinda over for me, wasn't even nervous today for example and we were only one nil up. As soon as that Rooney ball went into the net I knew I didn't really care about the CL.

Almost like the fact that no-one expects us to do this, don't know why but that always reminds me of the tie against Arsenal under Ranieri.

My lineup:

----------------------------------------Cech-------------------------

Ivanovic the God of Thunder------Alex---------JT---------------Cole---

---------------Ramires-------------Mikel--------------Lampard------------

-------------------------------Benayoun-----------------------------

--------------------------Anelka-------Torres------------------------

Admittedly this could backfire badly with Alex and Benayoun not having started games in months but worth a shot I feel.

I do however expect Essien to play after being rested (hopefully will have done him a world of good).

If it comes down to it and Bane has to play CB, Paulo over Bosingwa at RB.

Drogba on the bench with Turnbull tasked with poking him with a stick every 5 minutes and telling him his new boots look stupid, nothing like a pissed off, fired up Didier to come off the bench and seal the win ;).

2-1, to who I don't know.

believe.

Well, here we go.

Torres and Anelka must start, with Drogba a sub. Mikel has to start in midfield, to strengthen the defensive sector, and try to stem United's counter attacks. Alex should play at the CB, with Ivanovic at RB - the only option really, with Bosingwa being ill today and being generally pathetic at everything anyway. It goes without saying that Ash and JT should play on the other side of defence.

The only problem is the rest of midfield. Both Lampard and Essien have been playing poorly recently, and Ramires has been playing very well. One of those will have to make way in order to accommodate Benayoun, who I feel should definitely play due to his creativeness.

My line up is as follows:

Cech

Ivanovic - Alex - Terry - A. Cole

Mikel

Ramires - Lampard

Benayoun

Anelka - Torres

Did anyone believe that we would ever recover from 1-0 against Arsenal at Highbury with 45 minutes left? We did. We won 2-1 and made history.

Did anyone believe that we would win the Prem with an inexperienced/not-quite-so-gelled team and arrogant coach? We did. We finished 12 pts. clear and made history.

Did anyone believe that we would overcome the "Might of Liverpool" in 2008 in the semis? We did with the most heartfelt performance from a Chelsea team that I can remember and we also made history.

Did anyone believe we would progress to the FA Cup Final 1994? We got thumped but who didn't think we'd win it when we hit the woodwork?

Did anyone think that a debt-ridden Chelsea would fight for 4th in 2003 and beat Liverpool 2-1 to seal a Champions League place? We did and we made history.

Did anyone give poor little Chelsea a chance against the European heavies of Barcelona? We, as fans, believed in the players who wore the badge on their hearts and when we won 3-1 we were able to stand up and brag proudly that " We knew we'd win"

So lets believe that we can do it. Lets believe that we can score just 1 goal at OT to unsettle the Mancs and for once in our 106 year history watch justice be served. From the goal that never was to Messi diving around like a little pr1ck to going out on pens to being within 1cm away from the trophy to Platini and Ovrebo fixing the most obv. game to Evra bringing down Ramires lets show that UEFA can't stop us. Now I realise the players don't read this and what I say after this will have no affect on the game but here goes:

When football fans across the world look back at the year 2011 they will remember it as the year that Chelsea won the Champions League after an heroic fightback against United at OT started it all. When the players realised that after a 4 month slump they realised that the fans deserve some joy in their football lives. That they realised that at times half of them weren't fit enough to wear the shirt and that they realised just how good they really are.

So Chelsea fans never write your team off because when we believe the players do. Now lets march on to Old Trafford and watch the Norwich fans crumble. This is our year!

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

' Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Chelsea will play 4-4-f***ing-2