• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OzzyCFC

MMA (UFC/Strikeforce)

OzzyCFC   

Been a while since I started a topic.

Any MMA fans out there?

I'm looking forward to some good fights coming up.

Overeem v Werdum, Fedor v Henderson, Edgar v Maynard plus lots more decent match ups.

UFC 129 was a great card (main event aside).

Guest Hesham   
Guest Hesham

I didn't watch ufc 129 and everybody saying the main event was not good , I heard about gsp's eye .. Was that the only reason or was the fight just horrible to watch ?

Liverlad   

Been a while since I started a topic.

Any MMA fans out there?

I'm looking forward to some good fights coming up.

Overeem v Werdum, Fedor v Henderson, Edgar v Maynard plus lots more decent match ups.

UFC 129 was a great card (main event aside).

Edgar v Maynard has been postponed as both fighters have been injured in training I think. Rampage v Hamill is moved up to main event.

Latest rumours are UFC 137 in October is the next show in England - in Liverpool which is great for me. I went to UFC 105 in Manchester. Hopefully they'll have a big headliner. Too often when they're fighting in a different country or a non-fashionable place they don't have many big names and think that everyone will be happy enough if they just put fighters from that country in. I'd expect they'll just have Bisping and Hardy fighting in the co and main event.

Liverlad   

I didn't watch ufc 129 and everybody saying the main event was not good , I heard about gsp's eye .. Was that the only reason or was the fight just horrible to watch ?

I didn't see it properly, but it shows how dominant GSP is when he can fight the majority of the fight with one eye against a guy as good as Shields. Interesting to see whats next for GSP. Everyone wants him to fight Anderson Silva so it'll probably happen. On one hand he has beaten pretty much everyone at 170 so there's nobody really left to fight, but on the other hand he isn't finishing a lot of those fights, whereas the only people Silva doesn't finish seem to be people he can't be bothered finishing.

Guest Hesham   
Guest Hesham

I didn't see it properly, but it shows how dominant GSP is when he can fight the majority of the fight with one eye against a guy as good as Shields. Interesting to see whats next for GSP. Everyone wants him to fight Anderson Silva so it'll probably happen. On one hand he has beaten pretty much everyone at 170 so there's nobody really left to fight, but on the other hand he isn't finishing a lot of those fights, whereas the only people Silva doesn't finish seem to be people he can't be bothered finishing.

I was listening to a radio show and they said they heard GDP telling his corner that he couldn't see with his left eye , I mean wow how dominant is this guy to fight with just one eye !

Yea it's bothering me that he can't finish his opponents but I love watching his fights , very intertwining

2 years ago his fight with anderson would have been huge maybe the biggest fight ever but now I'm not sure about that

if they do it I think GDP will get his ass kicked by Anderson , not big enough for silva

they should just leave him in his division

OzzyCFC   

It was a frustrating fight. Sheilds game plan was odd. he should have tried to work the clinch and at least attempt to take GSP down but he just stayed at a distance.

Edgar v Maynard has been postponed as both fighters have been injured in training I think. Rampage v Hamill is moved up to main event.

That's the worst news I've heard today. The Lightweight division is now held up for another year despite it being a stacked division. They need an interim title.

Hopefully they'll have a big headliner. Too often when they're fighting in a different country or a non-fashionable place

I don't think you'll see a great headliner tbh. I had to sit through Penn vs Fitch and the worst undercard in years.

Interesting to see whats next for GSP. Everyone wants him to fight Anderson Silva so it'll probably happen.

That fight will never happen. GSP knows what happened when he fought an undersized Penn and hads too much invested in being the champion. I'd love to see him fight Nick Diaz. He's a brawler.

In UFC 132 the Huntingdon Beach Bad Boy Tito Ortiz just bet Ryan Bader...Huge upset.

...and Leben k.o.'s Wanderlei in 29 secs!

Was always going to be a short and sweet contest with these two. Cruz and Faber up next in their rematch.

Harvz   

Leben KO'd Wanderlei in how many?! Dammit. Hate that guy... He's every bit the idiot you always wanted to beat up in school but he was just a bit too good for everyone else.

Leben KO'd Wanderlei in how many?! Dammit. Hate that guy... He's every bit the idiot you always wanted to beat up in school but he was just a bit too good for everyone else.

Exactly - It was a shock for Silva to go so early. Wanderlei let his guard slip early on and was caught with a series of uppercuts which ende the fight just shy of the half minute mark. Shock. Not surprised considering the style of both fighters that it didn't go the distance but was expecting more of a showing from Silva.

Night for the big ego's, with Ortiz back in the game with his victory and Leben winning impressively in respective first rounds over more fancied opponents.

In the other co-main event Cruz outpointed Faber by unanimous decision. Impressed with Cruz, always seemed to be one step ahead during the fight.